Yu darvish

I would really like a video in .gif format. Suppousedly is one of the greatest pitchers of ALL TIME. he is 22 and is gonna pitch in the WBC this year. He seems to have mechanics similar to Junichi Tazawa.

You just watched the WBC selection show huh? lol. I did to. He looked pretty freakin good to me.

he is really good.

Darvish

And here’s a pretty crappy quality one of Tazawa.

yea i watched the selection show. I cant wait to see him and see the dominican republic completly own.

He got roughed up by the Cuban national team not so long ago. Wonder if he’s yet ready to be an international superstar-caliber pitcher that he is in Japan.

i dont really see what’s so special about him. yeah he dominates japan, but so does marc kroon, who couldn’t last a week in the bigs. hes over hyped for a guy whos in the 91-94 range with an above average curveball. thatll do good in japan, in the majors hes gonna need to show more than ability. all this talk about teams spending 80 million just to talk to him is whack. just wait and see if he develops into a whole new level, for now he’s no better than a dominating ncaa pitcher.

LMAO …hater

yeah being sawamura award winner with a good stuff says nothing and japan won 2006 wbc

people should recognize that baseball is not just ‘american pasttime’ right now, it’s pretty much spread through the world (with sevearl areas like still developing like china) and is continuing to spread around with wbc’s and such. in your theory, matsuzaka should’ve gotten canned in major leagues

[quote=“The Goggles Do Nothing”]
yeah being sawamura award winner with a good stuff says nothing and japan won 2006 wbc

people should recognize that baseball is not just ‘american pasttime’ right now, it’s pretty much spread through the world (with sevearl areas like still developing like china) and is continuing to spread around with wbc’s and such. in your theory, matsuzaka should’ve gotten canned in major leagues[/quote]

matsuzaka got obliterated his first year, and obliterated in the post season. ok he pitched with a 2.90 era in 08 but in 167 and 2/3 innings. thats barely above a 5 innings per start average. I promise that era goes up at least 1 full point, most likely 1.5 points, if he pitched during stress innings like the 6th and 7th more often. that 18-3 record could easily be a 10-11 record with a mediocre bullpen and offense. this guy just refuses to pitch to the best hitters in the lineup.

and lets not refer to the wbc exhibition matches as a bar for how good teams are. this is the same tournament that has mercy rules, pitch limits for starters, less than 15,000 fans per game showing up at the ballpark, and half of the leagues all stars not playing. a few players missing from here on out: pujols, arod, manny(enough said?), pedroia, lindstrom, sabathia, hamels, rivera, wang, texiera, mauer, longoria, lidge, and the list goes on. this isn’t some soccer world cup where players are getting killed in their countries for not playing up to expectations, its just a modified version of spring training.

anyways, 2 more mediocre/bad seasons for dice-k and im calling a bust. as for yu darvish lets wait and see if he can consistently control major league hitters. going by your wbc statistics, having a sawamura season against a japan league where your allstars have a combined slugging of .415 and an ops that ranks 9th behind a team like canada really isn’t saying much at all. like i said, nothing more than a dominating ncaa pitcher. David Price is definitely gonna turn out a lot better than dice-k.

I think that you’re making ridiculous statements Hot.

First off 15-12 with a 4.4 is not getting obliterated. In fact, it’s better than the majority of starters in the big leagues, and could start in anybody’s rotation.

Secondly, the guy went 18-3 with a 2.8 era, and you’re getting on him for it! Get off your high horse silly, it was a great season!

Hitters hit .230 of the guy, that’s pretty good man!

He is 1-0 in 3 starts in the post season with his team being in every game he pitched. And that’s bad?

You call it avoiding the best hitters, I call it not giving in and always trying to make pitches that get outs. Either way you Dice it, he had a great year last year, and a better than average year the year before. Let me guess, you are a jealous Yankee fan?

ps, I will take Dice K over Price any day of the week.

[quote=“Hammer”]I think that you’re making ridiculous statements Hot.

First off 15-12 with a 4.4 is not getting obliterated. In fact, it’s better than the majority of starters in the big leagues, and could start in anybody’s rotation.

Secondly, the guy went 18-3 with a 2.8 era, and you’re getting on him for it! Get off your high horse silly, it was a great season!

Hitters hit .230 of the guy, that’s pretty good man!

He is 1-0 in 3 starts in the post season with his team being in every game he pitched. And that’s bad?

You call it avoiding the best hitters, I call it not giving in and always trying to make pitches that get outs. Either way you Dice it, he had a great year last year, and a better than average year the year before. Let me guess, you are a jealous Yankee fan?[/quote]

everything i said in my previous post addresses everything you said. your post season statement is completely false. he has 7 starts in the postseason 35 and 2/3 innings 39 hits 17 walks and a nice big fat juicy 4.79 era. and just when you thought his 08 season was getting better he puts up a wonderful 4.50 spot with 17 hits in 16 innings and 9 walks. when you use team play to judge an individual’s performance, it’s ridiculous. it’s like when they wanted to give ryan howard the mvp because pujols didn’t pitch good enough. it’s not pujol’s fault he can’t have a juicy rbi total bc he has high school hitters compared to what howard has in front of him, or how almost everyone of the cards starters are terrible. just because dice-k knows how to influence a flawed statistic so he has a better case for a better contract come free agency, doesn’t mean he is good. so when you say, “oh this guy was 18-3, he’s good!”, think how he would do on the royals, or the giants. im not saying he is HORRIBLE, but he gets too much praise for a statistic that is VERY team oriented. once again he went 18-3 pitching 60 more innings than mariano rivera did in '96. they paid a little more than an overall 111 million dollars for this guy and he hasnt given them much beside “keeping his team in the game” for 5 innings. it’s not johan’s fault his bullpen stinks or his team cant score, so his record doesn’t look as good. and im not a met or yankee fan.

you can save that 111 million and try to sign lincecum rather than hope for someone like darvish to be good. dice-k rates poorly in pitching independent statistics. and i think that’s all i have to say about this. you people can continue to disagree but i promise dice-k will be considered a disappointment by 2010

Ha, you’re unreal man.

How do you explain his 2.8 era??? Gimme a break man. How do you explain his .211 BA against? Get real. Sorry your Yankees couldn’t even make the playoffs last year. How many of your yankee starters had 33 combined wins the last two years? I’ll give you a hint, the answer is 0. You don’t have to be bitter all the time, the season hasn’t even started yet!

If you know anything about pitching, you’d know that the main job of a starting pitcher is to give your team a chance to win the game, no matter how good or bad your team is, and I guarantee the Red Sox are very happy about Dice K.

hmmm…I of thought there was a special thread for this kind of argument… :roll:

I gotta jump in , just a couple things I’d like to say…

Googles,

We’ve pretty much given up everything else that’s American, the steel industry etc… including our Constitution…don’t give up Baseball. They’ll have to pry baseball from my cold dead hands. :twisted:

And don’t give me that Japan, Korea, Dominican’s got better players crap…US players are the cream of the crop and they demand to be paid that way.

Dice-K is a dang fine pitcher…He just nibbles way too much but that is more to do with the japanese style than anything. Nibble, offspeed, see if I can get them swingin, nibble a little more…too many pitches.

This Yu Darvish kid…he looks pretty good but he ain’t no David Price - I agree with Hammer on that.

Now the best baseball in the world is played right here in the USA…World Baseball Classic outcome doesn’t matter. Sure there are some good Latin players…but I’m tired of everyone looking at them like they are God’s gift to baseball. Even so…Clemente was the best outfielder I ever saw in person!

You can have your thread back now…thank you.

Agree completely Dino, the best baseball is still played by American players. Ofcourse, there are other countries with great players, but this is still clearly America’s passtime.

I’d be glad to take this over to the pissing contest thread!

hammer you could’ve just backed me up for dice k but don’t insult my yankees :evil:

and you guys are so nationalistic that it sickens me. us players have certain luck to be born in america and have a luck to go to major leagues straight meanwhile the players from the country with established leagues (japan, korea) have some discrepancies to get the attention to the players of actual MLB with same ability.

guess i should’ve laughed hard when we lost to mexico in 2006 wbc, even with them losing the home run call thanks to the umpire’s misjudgement

Googles,

You mean like this… :puke3:

Let’s see…break it down…These guys are all wearing the name of their NATION on their jerseys. And they love their motherland. Nationalistic----love of one’s own country.

I love the United States of America. It is my nation so I am proud to be nationalistic.

Ok nothing wrong there…Would you mind stepping into the pissing contest thread with me? :boxing: