Your Favorite Supplements?

I am no guru in supplements but i do know what i am talking about. I have tried everything you can think of (no roids, only bitches use roids) and i can tell you what works. But tell me whaat works for you, maybe there is somehting new i don’t know of.

PROTEIN::::
----For MAINTENANCE (in season) i prefer Optimum Nutrition Vanilla flavor (always mix with skim milk, tastes great??)

----For BEST GAINS (offseason) I would definitely say the NITRO-TECH HARDCORE is the best possible option. I gained 9 SOLID pounds in two months and never lost it. But i must warn you that it tastes horrible, but if you can stomach it, it is freaking amazing! Plus you get the added benefit of 2 products in one, because it has very potent/well absorbed creatine in it. If you can choke this stuff down, you will get everything you pay for.

–For overall taste i would go with either chocolate Muscle Milk, or Chocolate Syntha 6

CREATINE::::

------Hands down It has to be PURPLE-K by Fusion Bodybuilding. It is called the “King of Creatine” for a reason, and it has earned it. It is absorbed into the muscle like you would not believe and it comes in capsules, that you take pre-workout, no loading or that crap. And you only have to take one or two capsules pre-workout.

–Nothing else stands a chance against Purple- K

PRE-WORKOUT SUPPLEMENTS:::

----SuperPump 250 by Gaspari Nutriton. Its tough on the tummy, but your an animal in the gym ( i dont use these anymore, my Adderall makes me an animal in the gym, i guess thats a good side effect, lol)

----Nano Vapor by Muscle Tech, slightly overpriced, but you will see results. Of course, this is even toughher on your stomach, and may cause you to have to run to the bathroom mid workout, so i only recommend these to the older crowd with iron guts.

NITRIC OXIDE::::

—Plain old L-ARGININE----dont waste $50 on some stupid supplement that says you will have “insane vascularity”, you know why?? It is only L-Arginine with other substances that do more harm than good. For example, those supplements are loaded with enough L-Arginine to pump your muscles, but they are also loaded with caffeine, which as you may know, CONSTRICTS your blood vessels.

“PRO-HORMONES”::::

----Guys, real “prohormones” are illegal, dont bother.

-----If you really want to boost your testosterone try Optimum Nutrition ZMA(zinc-magnesium-B6) . It will only boost by 30% , which is not great, but its decent, and it will also improve you REM sleep.
-----If you also want to block your estrogen (which also boosts test.) than you need NO supplements, all you need to do is eat 2 cups of RAW BROCCOLI. Something in the broccoli, i cannot remember what it is called, blocks estrogen to a certain extent, and i have seen great improvements in workouts.

GROWTH HORMONE(boosters)::::

—its banned in baseball, dont even try.
----the boosters DO NOT WORK, again dont waste your money.

MULTI- VITAMIN:::::

-----The best “Multi” is by far ANIMAL PAK by Universal Nutrition. It is expensive, and there are many capsules to take (i believe it is about 7 or 8 capsules per “vitamin”) It will give you muscle gains (yes, muscle gains from a multi) and you will also notice some fat loss, due to increased muscle mass and more intense workouts (I did)

------If you cant afford it, or have overprotective parents, just go with Centrum, it will not do anything for your workout compared ANIMAL PAK, but you should be taking one anyway, since your an athlete (DUH!)

FAT LOSS PRODUCT:::::

-----CLA (Tonalin CLA is best). CLA will give you fat loss, but it will not be fast. You will need to shell out some cash so you can take it for at least…hmmm, i would say 3 to 5 months (a year if you can afford it) and you will notice some pretty impressive fat loss ( i got the most fat loss around the mid-section). —I took CLA for 12 months exactly, and i dropped from 21% body fat ( i was somewhat chubby as a junior in high school) to 13% body fat. THis came mostly from teh CLA, but i also worked my a$$ to the bone 5 to 6 days a week, doing full body workouts (none of this one day legs, next day arms crap) and tons and tons of cardio ( my friend and I ran for and hour, biked for an hour, and swam laps for a half hour).

----Stay away from things like Hydroxycut Hardcore, it will do nothing but cause you to have some serious stomach/digestive tract issues. Stay away from stimulant containing “fat burners”, they do not work, the tv ads lie!!! (and since ephedra and Clenbuterol are illegal, you will see no loss from these products)

PURE MASS BUILDERS(gainers):::::(these are just my opinion in best overall mass builders, strictly for those trying to put on weight, this weight will be muscle/fat):::::

-----MASS-TECH by muscle tech. I did not personally use it, but i witnessed a real transformation of a few close friends and teammates who did use it. I was told it tasted…not so great, but worked rly well. (ssomthing like 15 to 20 ‘semi-solid’ pounds.

-----RUSSIAN BEAR 5000, i do not know who makes it, but i know that you will gain some serious weight. I would not recommend this to anyone who is not well ‘underweight’. It is high in fats, carbs, extremely high in protein, and obviously from the name, very high in calories.

I did not list all things, so seriously, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask, on the board, or by private message.

Biotest Super food. Teenages never get their fruits and veggies, this helps, and I feel way better when i am consistently consuming it. My whole body functions better.

Bulk BCAA’s: Taste awful, but cheap, and awesomely effective. The research is there.

Creatine Mono: Anywhere

Protein: EAS Whey, simply cause it’s really cheap at Sam’s club yet still a good product

Energy, Preworkout, focus, Blow your mind.
Biotest SPIKE! This stuff is freaking amazing, but you should be 18 or so before you take it, and you have to be really mature to only take one or two. The more is better idea would only mess you up. I have unbelievable focus and intensity with it.

Protein bars: Biotest Metablolic Drive- taste the best hands down, and have some of the best ingredients and nutrient line I have seen.

ZMA: Anyone, I sleep SO much better with it.

Fish oil: I get the bulk stuff, still tested so that there isn’t mercury, but I have to pop a number of softgels.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]Biotest Super food. Teenages never get their fruits and veggies, this helps, and I feel way better when i am consistently consuming it. My whole body functions better.

Bulk BCAA’s: Taste awful, but cheap, and awesomely effective. The research is there.

Creatine Mono: Anywhere

Protein: EAS Whey, simply cause it’s really cheap at Sam’s club yet still a good product

Energy, Preworkout, focus, Blow your mind.
Biotest SPIKE! This stuff is freaking amazing, but you should be 18 or so before you take it, and you have to be really mature to only take one or two. The more is better idea would only mess you up. I have unbelievable focus and intensity with it.

Protein bars: Biotest Metablolic Drive- taste the best hands down, and have some of the best ingredients and nutrient line I have seen.

ZMA: Anyone, I sleep SO much better with it.

Fish oil: I get the bulk stuff, still tested so that there isn’t mercury, but I have to pop a number of softgels.[/quote]

Man, Spike is Flu in a bottle. Its horrible for you.

[quote]Man, Spike is Flu in a bottle. Its horrible for you.
[/quote]

Interesting, I mean I could understand if you were substituting it for sleep, then yeah your nervous and immune system would be supressed. But why else would you say that?

[quote=“centerfield2150”][quote]Man, Spike is Flu in a bottle. Its horrible for you.
[/quote]

Interesting, I mean I could understand if you were substituting it for sleep, then yeah your nervous and immune system would be supressed. But why else would you say that?[/quote]

I say that bcuz i know maannnnny people who have used it, and about 15 minutes into their workouts, they had to run to the bathroom to puke. That is why it is called ‘Flu in a bottle’.
I myself was nauseated by it, btu never puked. And for something to do that to me, is realllly saying something, because i have tried everything (legal stuff only) and nothing has ever hade me nauseated like that. Ever.

[quote=“pitchking807”]
I say that bcuz i know maannnnny people who have used it, and about 15 minutes into their workouts, they had to run to the bathroom to puke. That is why it is called ‘Flu in a bottle’.
I myself was nauseated by it, btu never puked. And for something to do that to me, is realllly saying something, because i have tried everything (legal stuff only) and nothing has ever hade me nauseated like that. Ever.[/quote]

Interesting, how do you react to something like red bull?

Personally caffine only has positive benefits for me. If you don’t handle caffine well i imagine it could be pretty bad. Although it’s key ingredients are other stuff.

Did you take the one that comes in a glass bottle, or the blister packs? Cause the glass bottle is the old stuff, based off caffine, the blister packs are based more off their proprietary stuff.

The first time I took spike nauseated was not the feeling, I felt incredible like amazing feeling. Nothing like you described. Further evidence that everyone reacts to things differently.

[quote=“centerfield2150”][quote=“pitchking807”]
I myself was nauseated by it, btu never puked. And for something to do that to me, is realllly saying something, because i have tried everything (legal stuff only) and nothing has ever hade me nauseated like that. Ever.[/quote]

Interesting, how do you react to something like red bull?

Personally caffine only has positive benefits for me. If you don’t handle caffine well i imagine it could be pretty bad. Although it’s key ingredients are other stuff.

Did you take the one that comes in a glass bottle, or the blister packs? Cause the glass bottle is the old stuff, based off caffine, the blister packs are based more off their proprietary stuff.

The first time I took spike nauseated was not the feeling, I felt incredible like amazing feeling. Nothing like you described. Further evidence that everyone reacts to things differently.[/quote]

Dude, you are talking to the king of stimulants here. Nothing, and i mean nothing, makes me more awake-alert-energized except for if i take an extra Adderall 20mg, and that does not last long.

I react to redbull as if i am drinking water, caffeine does nothing to me. I need to ingest aroudn 600mg of caffeine to notice anything (no joke).

I used the one in the Blister pack thing. I got a bunch of samples from GNC.

Man, that is crazy. 600mg would get near to hospitalizing some of the population, and I mean a gram can be lethal.

You are one overstimulated human being, lol. Your adrenal glands must be totally burnt out by now.

I have no idea why you reacted to spike like that.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]Man, that is crazy. 600mg would get near to hospitalizing some of the population, and I mean a gram can be lethal.

You are one overstimulated human being, lol. Your adrenal glands must be totally burnt out by now.

I have no idea why you reacted to spike like that.[/quote]

Nahnah. Im all good in the health area. I have a yearly check-up to see if the daily dose of 45mg of adderall is causing any problems, not a regular check up, but one that they do stuff to check how your organs are, and if all your systems are functioning properly. And they are always good to go.

I have ADHD, i am always energized, and i mean always.

And i have never taken the 600mg dose of caffeine, but i am approximating, bcuz i have had 350mg dose before and that did nothing. My doctor said something about having something like an immunity( i know thats not the word, but i cannot remember it) to many stimulants, stemming from the adderall.

MAN Body Octane…
MAN Blueprint (pain relief, nutrient partioning, nootropic, recovery)
Nimbus Nutrition Poseidon (electrolytes)
USPlabs P-Slin/Anabolic-Pump (Nutrient Partioning)
USPlabs Super Cissus RX (Joint/tendon/ligament)
NOW Super EPA (Fish Oil)
AOR Ortho Core (multi)

RPN Gut Health (probiotic-great for digestion)
Enzymedica Digest Gold (digestive enzyme)

Superfoods, supergreens to stay alkalized as opposed to acidic. The amount of energy you get from something like this is tremendous. All Natural This season Im going to try some jing tonics to build some deep strength in the kidneys. Deer Antler, eucommia bark, ho shou wu n cordyceps.

Its all about building up the jing reserves

Just curious…
have you guys ever tried not using supplements, and just use food??
that is all that I do…personally, I do quite well.
The only thing that I supplement is protein when I’m too busy at work to sit down and eat a meal.

Might have one protein shake a day…i’m a bit more strict, I take the IsoNatural stuff. Allmax is one of the better companies for protein.

Aside from the multi-vitamin and multi-mineral.
Everything else is food, you can get the energy you want from certain foods before your workout, and the recovery results after your workout.
I would suggest doing your own research with the stuff you can trust, like food, before trying out different supplements all the time.

Just my thoughts,
Dan

I like multigrain Cherrios and One A Day Men’s Health and Vitamin Water XXX

Just to help you out kazmir…one-a-days are not good multis…
Your body can not absorb it all in one go…
it’s best to get one by Progressive or one that you take in 2-3 different doses.
if you are going to take multis or other vitamins…
it’s best to take all of them with ur breakfast…
just trying to help…hopefully you believe what i’m saying, it will help u out.

Dan

good stuff i need more nutrient advice…this is what i got

CREATINE:…Phosphegen elite-this is by far the best stuff i have ever tried as far as pitching goes. never really used it when building muscle but for pitching recovery i would throw an 8 inning game and and recovery time with it would be cut in half. after stopping taking it i noticed the difference. it has a lactic acid buffer that restricts and kills lactic acid wherever it builds up. good to get more reps even better to kill most the acid that running after the game would.

PROTIEN: muscle milk and body tech whey-
like muscle milk for taste, i could drink it like a snack for the whole day. the body tech seems to be working pretty good ive shown pretty decent gains post surgery with it but still early on in the testing.

MULTIVITAMIN:GNC megaman-
dono alot about multi vitamins but do know that this is considered pretty good for looking like a hourse tranqualizer.

Personally, I will never go to GNC for supplements, a lot of their stuff isn’t that great.

You really don’t need much other than a really good multi, your glutamine for recovery and your protein powder for those times when you’re on the run, and of course a multi-mineral, this is something that everybody needs

I work with a professional sports nutritionalist…so I know quite a bit about the supplements point of view…
I will also never take Creatine, that is one of the worst things for you…
if you choose to still take it, it’s dangerous to stay on the stuff for longer than a month.

Thanks,
Dan

[quote=“zippa_head”]Just curious…
have you guys ever tried not using supplements, and just use food??
that is all that I do…personally, I do quite well.
The only thing that I supplement is protein when I’m too busy at work to sit down and eat a meal.

Might have one protein shake a day…i’m a bit more strict, I take the IsoNatural stuff. Allmax is one of the better companies for protein.

Aside from the multi-vitamin and multi-mineral.
Everything else is food, you can get the energy you want from certain foods before your workout, and the recovery results after your workout.
I would suggest doing your own research with the stuff you can trust, like food, before trying out different supplements all the time.

Just my thoughts,
Dan[/quote]

Yea, i try to as often as possible, but you know, trying to fit in five mineral-dense meals into a college freshmens schedule is pretty tuff.
(best “supplement” style food is raw, organic broccoli. Got good protein, high fiber, tons of minerals, and i forget the name but one of the 'Indoles" (dim3, i think) in it helps block estrogen.

[quote=“jakejeckel”]good stuff i need more nutrient advice…this is what i got

CREATINE:…Phosphegen elite-this is by far the best stuff i have ever tried as far as pitching goes. never really used it when building muscle but for pitching recovery i would throw an 8 inning game and and recovery time with it would be cut in half. after stopping taking it i noticed the difference. it has a lactic acid buffer that restricts and kills lactic acid wherever it builds up. good to get more reps even better to kill most the acid that running after the game would.

PROTIEN: muscle milk and body tech whey-
like muscle milk for taste, i could drink it like a snack for the whole day. the body tech seems to be working pretty good ive shown pretty decent gains post surgery with it but still early on in the testing.

MULTIVITAMIN:GNC megaman-
dono alot about multi vitamins but do know that this is considered pretty good for looking like a hourse tranqualizer.[/quote]

Try “Purple-K”, it comes in capsules and there is no loading, or any of that crap. You just take it pre-workout and it absorbs extremely fast.
And for protein, you could try “Syntha 6”. Tastes even better than M.M. and it mixes even better also.

It’s not even that difficult…
you simply have to match ur proteins with ur carbs…keep out the sugars…
the rest is pretty simple to keep a well balanced…HEALTHY diet that will give you all the energy you need.
6-7 small meals a day are great…
all the stuff like chicken, potatoes, rice…oatmeal…are the good foods to be eating…
but you have to be able to tell the difference between high quality foods, and the ones that are just available.

for instance, if ur gonna have rice…you get long grain brown rice…you don’t just cheap out and get the white stuff…
Not much of a difference in the price here, thank goodness…but the quality says it all.

Dan

[quote=“zippa_head”]

I work with a professional sports nutritionalist…so I know quite a bit about the supplements point of view…
I will also never take Creatine, that is one of the worst things for you…
if you choose to still take it, it’s dangerous to stay on the stuff for longer than a month.

Thanks,
Dan[/quote]

I’d like to see you post research in support of the statement you just made…