Your best outing

what was your best outing?

It’s hard to say, because I never had a bad one in all the years that I pitched. When you have all your stuff working for you, when you have your control and command working for you, when you know just what you need to do to get the batters out, you’re bound to have a good one. Some of my games might have been more spectacular than others—but I always had good ones, and even so many decades later I remember them all with a sense of deep satisfaction. :slight_smile:

Well I was 15, it was my first year really pitching, last season of the babe ruth league (13-15 in Wyoming). I didn’t start I closed this game. We had gone undefeated all year, we were up by 2 and the guy in front of me had the bases loaded with 0 out. I came in and struck out 3 in a row with my knuckleball and fastball to preserve our perfect season.

3 games come to mind.

2 in college

I threw a complete game, gave up 3 runs, punched out 15, and hit two jacks in college.

Also in college I threw a 2 hit shutout with no walks and 8 punchouts.

In pro ball, my best game is a 3 hit shutout.

Mine would have to be from my senior year of HS. Our team was facing the #1 team in the state and we were huge conference rivals so this was an intense game. I wound up throwing a 9inn CG 1-Hitter with 17Ks and 2BBs. We lost the game on a suicide squeeze but I had my best stuff I’ve ever had and only went into a 3-ball a few times. Eventhough we lost I’ll remember that start for a while…

well mine happened last weekend with my school team. we were playing our hated rivals jonesville (they have beat us the last 6 years) i threw a no-hitter and had 16k’s and one walk.

Played a game in high school where I held them to a no hitter in 6 1/3 until the outfielder missed a ball and had one run come across to make it a 2 hit 1 run game though we still won.

my best game was this year on my high school baseball team. we were playing in a tournament against our rivals. it was my first game of the year. i had a complete game shutout.

Well I played two very good games. The first one was the last year’s all-star game. I didn’t start it but I closed it. Our starter and the reliever weren’t good at this day so I had the chance to pitch. I pitched two innings while striking out 3, giving up one hit and walking one.
The other one was a spring training game. I started it and had three innings to pitch. I striked out seven, while giving up only 3 hits and no runs.

When I was 13 me and my friend got to play for this club travel ball team that was 15 under and most of the kids were 14-15ish and I was playin third to start the game when out pitcher hurt his arm in warm ups and had to leave. The coach chose me to start. So in a 9 inning game I went 8 innings with 1 hit and 1 error no runs and 2 walks and I think 13 k’s. I struck out their #4 hitter 3 times on ALL changeups! it was the best ever! I changed speeds too much because i have no idea about these guys and they just couldnt hit me. I was wowed!

Either the one when I had 9 K’s in 4 innings or the one when I had 12 K’s in 5 innings.

Babe Ruth Senior League - 6ip 17ks 1h 0r 0er
High School - 7ip 0h 0r obb 16k
College (against #16 ranked Creighton U) 8ip 1h 0r 0er 3bb 8ks
Professional - 7.2ip 3h 0r 0er 0bb 8k

IRE@ITA

IP:9 H:2 R:0 BB:0 K:8

6 of those strikeouts were swing and miss. That match was the 2nd round of the Euro’s

ok this was my first year on the mound so it won’t sound good but i cam in relief because we only have 3 starters because of the 40 pitch LL rule and so ya but i got put in in the 2nd and i pitched 5 innings ER and about 3 K’s with no walks…I was on fire that day. I hope to establish a cutter and a circle change to my arsenal as i usually just pitched a sinker 4-seam and 2 seamer. But as a first year pitcher i did really good not allowing many runs as a normal first year pitcher did. i need to work on my control of my 4-seamer.

I am already going to start work on pitching again soon when it starts to cool down.

By far it was a game i pitched when I was 17 in arizona…I pitched against the braves scout team from southern california. 7 of the 9 kids got drafted from their team including 3 first round draft picks including kyle skipworth(6th overall) and aaron hicks(14th overall). I pitched a 2 hit shutout…i wish i could throw like that everytime

When I was 17 I had a game where I pitched the full 7 innings, had 1 walk and 22 strike outs… One strike out was a drop third strike and the guy got to first.

Besides that game, which was against a bunch of inhouse kids, my best game was against our highschools rivals when I was 16 I pitched a perfect game until the 7th where I walked one kid but then picked him off for a 21 batter game… At the end of the game the other teams coach sprinted out to the mound to shake my hand : p.

A one hit shutout that i pitched last season.

[quote=“Sunsetblud”]When I was 17 I had a game where I pitched the full 7 innings, had 1 walk and 22 strike outs… One strike out was a drop third strike and the guy got to first.

Besides that game, which was against a bunch of inhouse kids, my best game was against our highschools rivals when I was 16 I pitched a perfect game until the 7th where I walked one kid but then picked him off for a 21 batter game… At the end of the game the other teams coach sprinted out to the mound to shake my hand : p.[/quote]

how did you get 22K’s in a 21 out game?

[quote=“KingFelix2.0”][quote=“Sunsetblud”]When I was 17 I had a game where I pitched the full 7 innings, had 1 walk and 22 strike outs… One strike out was a drop third strike and the guy got to first.

Besides that game, which was against a bunch of inhouse kids, my best game was against our highschools rivals when I was 16 I pitched a perfect game until the 7th where I walked one kid but then picked him off for a 21 batter game… At the end of the game the other teams coach sprinted out to the mound to shake my hand : p.[/quote]

how did you get 22K’s in a 21 out game?[/quote]

As he explained one guy got to first on a dropped third strike.

[quote=“Sunsetblud”]When I was 17 I had a game where I pitched the full 7 innings, had 1 walk and 22 strike outs… One strike out was a drop third strike and the guy got to first.

I don’t know why but I have a hard time believing this.