You can pitch with confidence when

You got a rain delay.
You had a dream the night before that you where in Nebraska, but your really in Connecticut. (You got shelled in Nebraska.)
You walk to the mound, reach down and pick up the ball, and your pants don’t rip.
You come in to the dugout after a inning of work, one of your teammates says to you, “ Hey, your fly is open”, and your come back with … “nawh… I pitched a perfect inning!”
The last pitch, fouled off, finally knocked out that knucklehead in section two, row four, that’s been heckling you all night!
You send a kid over to the other dugout with a trading card, and ask their pitcher to autograph it – … it’s your trading card!
You go to adjust your belt loop… seems like you got a few extra holes on the belt to fasten up… then you realize you’re wearing the wrong pants … These belong to that fat ole pitching coach in the bullpen. Oh well, you were thinking about coaching next year anyway. (So this is what it’s like being a coach … hmmmm.)
Your catcher stood up after catching that last pitch and turned slightly to look into the dugout … then the umpire points …”strike!”, and pokes your catcher in the eye. Oh well, now your all blind - you , the catcher, and the umpire! Hey wait a minute … three is your lucky number!

And away… we… gooooooo!

Coach B.

Hey Coach-
what’s this thread supposed to be about?
:?:

…when your team can make plays…lol

Three little words: "Trust your stuff."
That’s what my pitching coach told me long ago. When you trust your stuff—when you have confidence in your pitches—when you know what needs to be done to get those batters out—when you have good fielders behind you who can get some of those outs for you—you can indeed pitch with confidence. :slight_smile: 8)

Some pitchers try to be power-pitchers (trying to strike every batter out).
Could this be because they don’t trust their fielders?

CardsWin, you’ve hit the nail on the head.
I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. There are pitchers—even a few in the major leagues—who feel they have to strike everybody out because they can’t rely on one or another of their infielders to gobble up the ball and throw to first for the out. And those pitchers run a great risk of throwing their arms out or running up an astronomical E.R.A. or walking the ball park or something equally detrimental. Why managers get gray or tear their hair out by the roots!
I was mainly a strikeout pitcher, but I could pitch to contact when I had to—as Ed Lopat said, “Get the ball over the plate and make them hit it. Make them go after YOUR pitch, what you want them to hit.” And whichever way I did it, I got those outs. :slight_smile: 8) :baseballpitcher:

…you bean the hitter that shelled you last at bat and you own him from that point on.

[b]st …

I had a pitcher in our rotation that did just that. A year later, guess who made our lineup(?)

That entire season, the guy that he “pop’d” had this talent for practice jokes, with no end in sight.

For example:

My man takes the bullpen and keeps moving around trying to get settled in on a plank bench we had. It seems that his supporter had one strap smaller than the rest. As time when on, he had great protection for his butt.

This guy even found time to undo the threads on this man’s ball cap - the visor portion. Not all at once mind you, just enough so in the third inning of play, my man reaches for his cap, wipes his forehead with his forearm, looks down in his hands and all he’s holding is the bill of his ball cap. Even blue couldn’t keep a straight face.

The best one was when he dusted the shower stall towels with TANG, the orange juice mix. My guy comes out of his shower stall , grabs a “white-ee” as we use to call’em and starts to dry off. Prettiest shade of Florida sunshine on a guy I ever saw.

So look guys, be careful out there.

Coach B.

[quote=“buwhite”]…you bean the hitter that shelled you last at bat and you own him from that point on.[/quote]\

I don’t think a manager is going to be very confident in a pitcher who hits batters, especially if the batters are unintentionally hit.