Yoga training for pitchers

It sure looks goofy, but it seems like yoga could help a pitcher gain flexibility and focus. What are some of your thoughts on yoga training for pitchers?

Pretty much like you said. It is a good tool to gain flexibility, but it is no panacea like some would like you to believe. Yoga does not build strength (or any other wild claims).

But the best aspect of yoga is the high levels of hot chick density (hcd) available in a yoga studio. Nothing like stretching with a good view :roll:

I was unaware this was a valid statistic, or rather that others recognized it. It’s good to see I am not the only one that makes decisions on where to go based on hcd.
:lol:

In fact, I would like to propose a man law requiring a minimal HCD in order to keep your testosterone while attending completely unmanly locations by choice.

I was unaware this was a valid statistic, or rather that others recognized it. It’s good to see I am not the only one that makes decisions on where to go based on hcd.
:lol:

In fact, I would like to propose a man law requiring a minimal HCD in order to keep your testosterone while attending completely unmanly locations by choice.[/quote]

Hahaha.

theres a whole article and video on this site in the “pitching articles” section on joel zumaya and how much it alone helped his pitching inc. velocity you should check it out

Yoga builds crazy shoulder strength. Our pitching staff has mandatory yoga and the amount of work done on the shoulders is rediculous.

the strength built during yoga isn’t your typical measureable strength like a squat builds. it is more stabilizer muscles. also by increasing your flexibility, yoga allows you to access many muscles that one may have not been able to access because of a lack of flexibility.
good call on the shoulder strength maineball. anyone who thinks yoga is easy or doesn’t build strength has not spent much time in downward facing dog or done bikram yoga. i am doing bikram yoga, the yoga of choice for many pro athletes, which is a 90 minute yoga workout done in a 100+ degree room. i like to think that i am in very good shape and i’ve never sweat so much in my life. you wonder about halfway through the workout if you can make it. the benefits have been tremendous though.