Yes! check this video

jus filmed this 5 minutes ago, first time pitching since june 1st
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od97uCcJyns ristar, dm, roger, chris, and others, what do u guys think i need to work on, and what do you think my strengths still are, i was throwing 85 percent, and my fasted pitch was probably in the 88-90 area

wow you look in great shape to play baseball from the last video nice to see.

THe only thing I see is the back foot stay’s on the rubber to long. If you want to throw even harder I would rotate the hips at target before landing while staying closed that will get a big stretch in the core and save the arm.

Look at my post on staying closed and stretch in the core and look at the pic’s of scott kazmir and look how he gets a stretch of the core. You don’t have a hugh stretch in the core it looks like.

[quote=“RIstar”]wow you look in great shape to play baseball from the last video nice to see.

THe only thing I see is the back foot stay’s on the rubber to long. If you want to throw even harder I would rotate the hips at target before landing while staying closed that will get a big stretch in the core and save the arm.

Look at my post on staying closed and stretch in the core and look at the pic’s of scott kazmir and look how he gets a stretch of the core. You don’t have a hugh stretch in the core it looks like.[/quote]that would explain why my knee sort of collapses after when im throwing the ball and a little afterwards, nice find…

Hey Tanner. Real glad to see you back on the bump, man. Real glad. :slight_smile:

Following up on RIstar’s comment, you still have that “pull the back knee forward” thing goin’ on. The rotation he’s speaking of needs to be accompanied by extension of the back leg and foot also.

Lookin’ good though. The elbow must feel better.

[quote=“dm59”]Hey Tanner. Real glad to see you back on the bump, man. Real glad. :slight_smile:

Following up on RIstar’s comment, you still have that “pull the back knee forward” thing goin’ on. The rotation he’s speaking of needs to be accompanied by extension of the back leg and foot also.

Lookin’ good though. The elbow must feel better.[/quote]cool, dm go into the chat room if u have some time now

You dropped the ball. :stuck_out_tongue:

just went outside and tried that out a bit, felt way way way better, every pitch was better, fastball curve changeup, ill do a bullpen tuesday and film, dm the arm feels great!

[quote=“Roger”]You dropped the ball. :P[/quote]haha i know, i just cant catch that stupid circle thingy haha

Yea mechanics look good now just work on catching the ball :lol: :lol:

I remember in little league they didn’t care who pitched good as long as you could catch the ball and make the game fast and not throw it in the dirt you were automatically a pitcher.

i agree on the earlier hip rotation and the back leg but hey when 100% healthy how fast do you usually throw?

[quote=“BrantleyF”]i agree on the earlier hip rotation and the back leg but hey when 100% healthy how fast do you usually throw?[/quote]last year i was around 90, i was around 90 this year when i was hurt, i pitched injured because the doc said i couldnt hurt it anymore, after surgery he said i could gain mph, and with some aging, and better mechanics and more motivation in the weight room i could be up to 95 when i get healthy

Wow that’s great to hear

yeah that is good to hear where are you going to school to play?

Your mechanics look great except i would guess your around 85-88 mph because you dont really drive that hard. And your glove hand drops instead of pulling it in towards your chest.

I throw around that area 88-90 (clocked) and have occasionalyy hit 92 but on a bad day i do that stuff like i dont stride long enough or drive with my legs and my glove falls down instead of pulling it in when your in the L position of throwing. (0:12 seconds)

all in all you look like a powerful pitcher though.

[quote=“BrantleyF”]yeah that is good to hear where are you going to school to play?[/quote]iowa western community college, a team that makes word series appearances most of the time and usually is successful there

i think my stride is too long, i turned my foot over and it still showed my back knee coming forward like always, everything else looks good then this jus looks stpuid haha, getting very frustrated so i think ill try shortening my stride by a good 6 inches maybe even a foot haha

Tanner,

If I recall correctly, you use to have an issue with not getting enough momentum. Well, I think you still have that issue. You reach with the front foot and your torso leans back toward 2B. The result is that you don’t get out over the front leg like you should and your release point is not out front where it should be. My guess is that if you start your hips forward a bit sooner and lead with the front hip longer into your stride, you’ll build more momentum and get out over the front leg better. This might also lead to more extension in the back leg though I’m not 100% sure.

You said you thought your stride might be too long. I would beg to differ. I think you have a good stride length. You just need to match your momentum to that stride. Instead of shortening your stride, increase your momentum. And instead of achieving that stride by reaching, achieve it again by building momemtum with good posture.

Now let me qualify this by saying that I think it is a small issue that requires a small adjustment. No major surgery here. Just fine tuning.

jus got a new video from todays game, looks a litte better, but that back leg is still doin it

Tanner GREAT JOB you have do it your mechanics are fine I think and the drag of the back leg like that is fine Dice-K does that.

I noticed that you drive at the target sideway’s then you bend the front knee and rotate it into plant. This is a great way of doing it because it gets you get the back leg to do the same thing when you bend and rotate the front leg at an 90 angle the back leg rotates and boom you are now throwing with your whole body not just arm.

is that how you get the good rotation before plant explain what you do?

Tanner
You seem to have a late posture change as you rotate the shoulders. I’d like to see a back or front angle clip but it looks from this angle that you lean to your left and drop down behind the front foot when you release. Try to get your upper body moving more toward the plate rather than to the left.