Writing to Professional Players

Hey, do you guys know, if you can someway write a letter to a major league player, and send it to their clubhouse or something like that?
I heard something like that.

You sure can. In fact, one of the best parts of being a Major Leaguer is getting and receiving fan mail. And it will be forwarded to them.

Just keep it “fan” based. Don’t go asking for stuff to be sent to you with their autograph, etc. And asking how they throw their “put away” pitch may get you a response, but consider their available time in the season and other things that a pro has to deal with.

Reading how much you appreciate their playing ability, you admire their skills in the game, how they conduct themselves on the field, and so forth might get you a return thank you. But most of all, a Major Leaguer really appreciates hearing these things.

Now if you really want to pass on a “great day” for a man, find a Minor League club that’s not that far from you, pick a player that holds down the same position that you do, read up on his progress and statistics - then write him a letter of how much you appreciate his quality of play. Find a game or two where the man really did his thing. It’s a lonely grind in the Minors, constantly wondering if you got a job … day to day, other guys nipping at your heels, and so forth. A letter like that would do a man more good than you could possibly imagine.

Good question.

Coach B.

So how would the process work if I wanted to write a letter to a player?
What would be the address if I wanted to write to a player from the Mariners?

Address your letter first to the address of the club’s front office, let things take their normal course.

If the player that your interested in has a web site - e-mail him.

Hope this helps some.

Coach B.

When my kids were younger, they would write to players and include the player’s baseball card for them to autograph. My kids would also include a self-addressed, stamped envelope so there was minimal burden on the players themselves. My kids got most of the cards back - signed. YMMV

I would imagine the lesser players would be more open to this than the stars who probably get hit pretty hard.

[quote=“Coach Baker”]http://seattle.mariners.mlb.com/team/front_office.jsp?c_id=sea

Address your letter first to the address of the club’s front office, let things take their normal course.

If the player that your interested in has a web site - e-mail him.

Hope this helps some.

Coach B.[/quote]

Were would I let them know that its for a player?
How would I write it to them

[size=18]Players Name______________________
Seattle Mariners
Safeco Field
1250 First Avenue South
Seattle, WA 98134[/size]

what would be the best time to write to him?

To be honest with you, I haven’t got a clue.

But…

Why don’t you write the person in charge of public relations at the club’s address and ask that question.

Coach B.