Wrist strength

How important is wrist strength in pitching velocity? Would something like using this item help me pitch faster or keep my arm in better shape? http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-POWER-WRIST-FOREARM-STRENGTHENER-GRIP-EXERCISER_W0QQitemZ350236010095QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518bb1666f&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14#ht_3524wt_802

I find it to be important although not everything. The body is like a chain and if one part is weak, then the rest of the power generated will be somewhat wasted. I also think that wrist strength can help protect elbow injuries, I can tell if I haven’t been doing my wrist exercises cause my elbow will get sore.

As for the stregthener its no different then doing wrist extensions and flexors

don’t waste your money

plate pinches
plate holds
farmers walks
wrist curls
reverse wrist curls
reverse curls
rice digs

or just deadlift, that’s what I found, no matter how much accesory forearm work I did nothing strengthened my forearms more than holding 400 lbs.

[quote=“ltownindians07”]don’t waste your money

plate pinches
plate holds
farmers walks
wrist curls
reverse wrist curls
reverse curls
rice digs

or just deadlift, that’s what I found, no matter how much accesory forearm work I did nothing strengthened my forearms more than holding 400 lbs.[/quote]

Amen, brother.

Deadlift variants work well too. Wrap the bar with a towel and reduce the weight significantly.

But plate pinches and farmer’s walks are more than enough. If you really want something to have at your desk, a pair of cheap grippers from Wal-Mart are nice to build plyometric strength in your forearms. But again, they’re not necessary.