Would like to get to the next level in pitching

Hey guys im a sophmore in high school and i want to get to the next level in baseball and ive tried a lot of things to get my velocity up but it only smooths my mechanics out even more and i gain nothing. I workout and throw 2x a day. I long toss 3x a week, but i cant gain anything. Im cruising around 75-77. Any ideas on how to get there. My goal is to be throwing 80-85 this spring and possible 90 this time next year.

Throw- left
ht- 5’ 7’
wt- around 135

fast-75-77
curve- 65
change 67

What do your workouts consist of? What colleges are you looking at? What’s your diet consist of? Also, if you can post some video of you on a mound.

My workout consists of Running, Dumbbell Bench and Incline, Pull ups chin ups, push ups. dips, lunges, and abs and a lot of the stuff in Tuff Cuff

Diet

food- ive been told by many coaches to gain weight, so ive been trying really hard to gain healthy weight. I eat pretty healthy, fruits, veggies, meats

Drink- i drink a protein shake at breakfeast and dinner

i can try to find a video and post it asap

[quote=“Kcrbrave1”]My workout consists of Running, Dumbbell Bench and Incline, Pull ups chin ups, push ups. dips, lunges, and abs and a lot of the stuff in Tuff Cuff[/quote]What sort of running? Distance or speed? Do you do any lifting with your lower body? aka Squats? etc?

[quote=“Kcrbrave1”]Diet

food- ive been told by many coaches to gain weight, so ive been trying really hard to gain healthy weight. I eat pretty healthy, fruits, veggies, meats

Drink- i drink a protein shake at breakfeast and dinner[/quote]How many calories do you take in a day?

Distance is prob a mile or so, i do lower body as well

calories, i have no idea, i eat lot, im always eating and im drinking water during school

http://www.youtube.com/user/KCgunner101#p/a/u/1/LcQ0NeCpAN4

this video is when i was in 8th grade but mechanics are similar to now

[quote=“Kcrbrave1”]Distance is prob a mile or so, i do lower body as well

calories, i have no idea, i eat lot, im always eating and im drinking water during school[/quote]
For me, before I came here I thought I ate well. But then we had to keep a nutrition log of what we ate during a day, and I came to find out that I in fact did not eat as well as I thought, and with the help of my trainer, we worked out a way for me to get plenty of calories as well as get the proper stuff in me. I drink a gallon of water at least, every day, no exceptions.

As for the video, I’d still say get a current video of you now, because that will show us what you actually are and are not doing properly now. A lot can change in 2 years, even if you don’t feel it.

Well hopefully you picked the right parents.

5’7 and wt is 135. you might want to start a myplate food diary. It is probably more accurate than have no idea how much you eat. I myself am a sophomore in highschool and is a lefty except im 5’9 and weight is 115. You have a higher advantage than me right now. But check your calories a day. Shoot for 4000 calories. Keep the protein shakes for post workouts and right before you go to sleep. Basically follow TuffCuff since you already started it and you should be hitting 78-80 zone next year if your weight is all muscle. I probably throw about low to mid 70’s like 73-74. But i have hooorrible mechanics. You def need to work out on mechanics. Make sure you understand everything on hip and shoulder seperation. If you dont then research it. Dont think everything is going to be fed to you. Most of us here do 3-5 hours of research a week. So start cracking kid. Hopefully we meet up one day in college. Goodluck.

What do you mean??

What do you mean??[/quote]

I picked the right ones and that has helped me the most.

What do you mean??[/quote]

I picked the right ones and that has helped me the most.[/quote]

Get over yourself, UnDiscovered.

To actually address some of the questions here and give this kid some real advice, I’m going to echo what has already been said which is at 5’7" 135lbs you have about 40 lbs to go before you approach having filled out your body. That’s fine. As a sophomore before i started lifting and eating even close to decently, I was 6’1" 165lbs. Now I’m 210. You will get there but the first step is setting the goal and committing yourself to reaching it.

To gain 1lb a week you should be lifting 4 days a week and ingesting about 500-700 calories more per day than you do to maintain your bodyweight.

This will be relatively simple early on. Post what your current diet looks like and I recommend making a food log if only for a couple days and you’ll realize you’re probably not even eating 3,000 calories. Simple things like changing your protein shakes from whey and water or whey and milk to instead drinking 700 or 800 calorie supershakes twice a day will catapult you into new strength and size gains.