Workout guide

recently been asked by coaches to play college ball. I want to take this very serious and actually get on a baseball program. Please don’t request any books or anything. I’m not paying for anything because i will be going to college in 2 months and will have a trainer/coach there.

I was thinking maybe something like this:

Mon: 20min HIIT session(morning), weight training A
tues: long toss, 30-45 pitch bullpen
wed: 20min HIIT session, core training, mechanics
thurs: 30-45 pitch bullpen weight training B
fri: 20min HIIT session, mechanics

Weight training A

Deadlift- 5sets of 5 reps
Squats- 5 sets of 5 reps
Weighted Pullups- 5 sets of 8 reps
Dumbell bench press- 5 sets of 10(not to heavy)
barbell curls- 3 sets of 10

Weight training B

Deadlift- 5 sets of 5 reps
Squats- 5 sets of 5 reps
Weighted Dips- 5 sets of 5 reps
Barbell row- 5 sets of 5 reps
Bench Press- 5 sets of 10 reps(not to heavy)

How does this sound? Also i have been having some soreness in my triceps when i try to lift. I know the reason is due to me pitching.

Before the season i was benching 280lbs. I can barely bench 225lbs anymore. So ya what is a good way to keep my triceps strong, without having them being sore from pitching.

Should i keep the weights heavy, or go lighter?

Its just for the triceps though. I can still squat 420lbs for 5 reps and still deadlift 450lbs 5 times as well. So its just my triceps.

Also what do you guys think of my workout guide as well?

Too much deadlift volume. 2 sets of 3 reps at near-maximal weights would be preferable, IMO.

Are you back squatting or front squatting? I think you have really good back squat numbers if I recall correctly; you might want to try a quad-dominant exercise like the front squat.

Do you do any unilateral work? Lunges? Pistols? Split squats? DB Single-Arm rows?

Overall it looks OK but the DL volume is too high and there’s not enough unilateral work for an intermediate trainee (given your strength levels this is where I’d put you).

ya i just recently got my back squat up to 410lbs for 7 reps. So its good.

Could i just do deadlift once a week kyleb, and still do 5 reps of 5 sets, instead of doing deadlifting twice a week.

Should i do backsquats once a week. On monday, and then do front squats on thursday.

The only unilateral work i do would be the one arm dumbell row. I can do 140lbs 6 times, with near perfect form. Don’t know if that is good or not.

I too agree i am a intermediate trainee. Just wondering what you think an advanced trainee would be? Thats something i want to strive for.

[quote=“BarryBonds999”]ya i just recently got my back squat up to 410lbs for 7 reps. So its good.

Could i just do deadlift once a week kyleb, and still do 5 reps of 5 sets, instead of doing deadlifting twice a week.

Should i do backsquats once a week. On monday, and then do front squats on thursday.

The only unilateral work i do would be the one arm dumbell row. I can do 140lbs 6 times, with near perfect form. Don’t know if that is good or not.

I too agree i am a intermediate trainee. Just wondering what you think an advanced trainee would be? Thats something i want to strive for.[/quote]

agree with kyleb. Also what are your goals for this program? Looks like a fat loss/ strength maintenance lifting program.

[quote=“BarryBonds999”]ya i just recently got my back squat up to 410lbs for 7 reps. So its good.

I too agree i am a intermediate trainee. Just wondering what you think an advanced trainee would be? Thats something i want to strive for.[/quote]

This is getting too in-depth for me to really focus on. Sorry. I don’t do this level of consulting/training planning for free.

you being serious?

You charge people on this site, if people ask you in depth questions?

Just wanted to know what an advanced lifter would be considered.

[quote=“BarryBonds999”]you being serious?

Just wanted to know what an advanced lifter would be considered.[/quote]

advanced as far as strength goes is, at least in my opinion, when you are borderline ready to enter a powerlifting competition. squat 500+, bench 300+, deadlift 500+. You will never need to be this strong for baseball, and you already have more strength than most college ballplayers.

At some point you need to shift on the speed-strength continuum once your max strength has peaked. You will reach that point of diminishing returns as a pitcher where more strength is not worth the risk

Thanks alot bro. Appreciate it.

Ya i have recently been doing alot of High intensity cardio.

Just so i can gain that speed. Its all sprints too.

I run for 2min straight, rest for 1 min. Then continue for 20min.

Its unreal. Really helps me with my explosiveness, plus i can go longer in ball games.

LOl 300lb bench press. My triceps are always shot to do any sort of bench pressing. Is it okay to bench press heavy if you are a pitcher?

[quote=“BarryBonds999”]you being serious?

Just wanted to know what an advanced lifter would be considered.[/quote]

No, I charge people for developing a three month plan for them. But instead of just stopping responding to you, I figured I’d specifically tell you why I’m not bending over backwards to spend hours to develop a program for you for free.

oh crap lol. Nah i didn’t want a 3month plan hahaha
Just wanted a quick sentence or two explaining what you’d think like an advanced lifter would be.

Then again 3 hours would probaly describe fully.

I see where ya coming from dude :slight_smile:

Also how much you charge to develop a plan. I’m curious how much you could make dude

Very little. Don’t go into this business.

Try to get at least 8 hrs of sleep every single night. Getting enough sleep is essential to building muscle. While you sleep, your body repairs itself. Without enough sleep, your progress will most likely come to a halt. Sleeping will provide you with the energy to workout at your best.

http://www.reviewlization.com/truth-about-cellulite-review/
http://www.reviewlization.com/truth-about-cellulite-review/

good diet and daily base exercise is very important for loss weight fast.