Workout advice

I was just looking for some possible improvements or advice to my current workout. I am open to anything. I am 6’0 closing in on 150 pounds.

3x6 barbell curls
3x6 dumbell bence
3x12 seated row
3x12 tricep pull down
3x6 squat/leg press
3x10 calf raise variations
3x10 leg curls
3x10 leg extension

I also flip a large tire as a part of my workout

Also if anyone has variations I could do to mix things up and not keep training with the same excercises, thanks!

you definately need to do core exercises as well.

Resistance bands, I love restiance bands they can be used for core, upper and lower body strength.

medicine balls are fantastic for core as well[/GVideo]

I both core and band/light dumbell work as well, I just didn’t add that in to my post. This is just for my days that I go to the gym and get a weight workout in.

When it comes to strength workouts, I would get away from the slow isolation movements like the ones you listed. Instead, focus more on explosive strength movements such as the ones power lifters and olympic lifters use. Consider these exercises:

Deadlifts
Jump shrugs
Snatches
Cleans
Clean & Jerk
Push Press

These are full body power exercises that teach the body to move fast and explosively to increase force production.

Also, you could mix in things like burpees, box jumps, med ball slams, sledgehammer swings, and other plyometric exercises.

[quote=“structuredoc”]When it comes to strength workouts, I would get away from the slow isolation movements like the ones you listed. Instead, focus more on explosive strength movements such as the ones power lifters and olympic lifters use. Consider these exercises:

Deadlifts
Jump shrugs
Snatches
Cleans
Clean & Jerk
Push Press

These are full body power exercises that teach the body to move fast and explosively to increase force production.

Also, you could mix in things like burpees, box jumps, med ball slams, sledgehammer swings, and other plyometric exercises.[/quote]

I feel sorry for anyone that has to do these exercises. :confused:

I definitely agree with adding in full body stuff, thank you!