Working on mechanics without a ball question

Hey I was just wondering about something and hoping any of you guys might have a possible answer/suggestion…I’ve been working on my mechanics in front of the mirror lately without a ball obviously because i’ve been indoors…I have had nothing in my hand…would this hurt my arm? I’ve heard that wiffleballs hurt arms and it would seem no ball would be even worse…Any answers? and if so what would you suggest doing to not hurt my arm?

Thanks a lot guys

yes you could. Aim me at jay21328

you could do the towel drill

i dont like the towel drill. It makes you to mechanical

Are you sayng that because it is not 100% specific to pitching a baseball as Mills prefers? Or do you have some other reason for making that claim (and, if so, what is it)?

[quote=“TropicalJoel”]Hey I was just wondering about something and hoping any of you guys might have a possible answer/suggestion…I’ve been working on my mechanics in front of the mirror lately without a ball obviously because i’ve been indoors…I have had nothing in my hand…would this hurt my arm? I’ve heard that wiffleballs hurt arms and it would seem no ball would be even worse…Any answers? and if so what would you suggest doing to not hurt my arm?

Thanks a lot guys[/quote]Why would you even train without a ball? What kind of help would it have on your mechanics or pitching in general? It should hurt your arm because it’s so stupid.

Because I’m inside right in front of a mirror looking at my mechanics

im going to have to agree with tanner on this one…why are you doing this…seriously? train with a ball. And if i were you if listen to Ristar …he knows his stuff

heelan thank you. Throw with a ball trust me it would benifit you alot more. To contact me Aim/aol is jay21328 and email is jay21328@aol.com

i think it can be pretty helpful to pitch in front of a mirror. You can see how smooth your motion is and can correct certain things that you wouldnt notice without seeing yourself. Obviously getting yourself on camera would be more accurate for breaking yourself down, but i dont think it would hurt your arm by pitching in front of a mirror.

There is nothing wrong with practicing certain things in front of a mirror without a ball. Obviously, that can’t account for all of your practice but that should be common sense. It’s not clear to me why there is a concern about hurting one’s arm doing this.

I was just thinking there might be a possibility of “overthrowing” because i am going through the whole motion not slow…I have also heard of a wiffleball hurting arms because it is lighter than a baseball, so i was just wondering if nothing would also hurt it also

The mirror is a pitcher’s best friend. No you will not hurt your arm going through your motion without a ball.