Wilson a3000

how are these gloves? when they came out they didn’t seem very popular.

I’ve had this one for the past 2 years, and it’s suited me well:

It certainly isn’t the lightest glove, but it feels great while pitching. The pocket is very nice, the leather has gone through quite a few rains, even a snow or two, and is still in mint condition. I would highly recommend this glove.

Get the A700 they pwn.

a700? what are 10? get something made out of LEATHER. not plastic…

First off that doesn’t make any sense, perhaps you need a grammar lesson.

Second off the Wilson A700 is a great glove (yes it’s made out of leather) it has the adjustable strap on the back and it has a great webbing design.

Yeah don’t disrepsect Pustulio or he’ll give you a knuckle to the face. A knuckleball that is.

And due Pustulio you did say “pwn”. But your right his post made no sense.

Sorry I’m a gamer I have to use the term “pwn” because pwn > own.

Ack, damn computer.

“pwn” is just “own” written by a poor typist :wink:

Anyway, the A700 is a good glove, but it’s a single-season glove. Just when it gets to feeling right, it gets too loose and floppy. And if you play 60-80 games a season, and fall ball, and off-season workouts, you’re better off getting something a little more substantial. Of course, some guys really like the loosey-goosey glove. My first-baseman’s mitt is like that…but I like my infield glove to be very stiff. Of course, I haven’t played since the advent of the aluminum bat, so what do I know.

You can find A2000 and A2k’s for a reasonable price on ebay. I just found and won the bid for an A3000 (the only glove my son will use) for $90 - regularly $300+. I got his first A3000 for $80.

Heads up to you, though: Wilson has stopped production on the A3000. Once they’re gone, they won’t be coming back.

Hose

“pwn” is just “own” written by a poor typist :wink:

Anyway, the A700 is a good glove, but it’s a single-season glove. Just when it gets to feeling right, it gets too loose and floppy. And if you play 60-80 games a season, and fall ball, and off-season workouts, you’re better off getting something a little more substantial. Of course, some guys really like the loosey-goosey glove. My first-baseman’s mitt is like that…but I like my infield glove to be very stiff. Of course, I haven’t played since the advent of the aluminum bat, so what do I know.

You can find A2000 and A2k’s for a reasonable price on ebay. I just found and won the bid for an A3000 (the only glove my son will use) for $90 - regularly $300+. I got his first A3000 for $80.

Heads up to you, though: Wilson has stopped production on the A3000. Once they’re gone, they won’t be coming back.

Hose[/quote]

You must be as old as my dad. I’m pretty sure he was 20 when aluminum bats first hit the market lol.

[quote=“3and0”]

You must be as old as my dad. I’m pretty sure he was 20 when aluminum bats first hit the market lol.[/quote]

The first aluminum bat I ever saw was a thick walled bear club that you could swing at a brick wall and not damage. I think I was 18 or so. Old. :?

Hose