Will Yankees pass Boston?

Me and My firend have made a bet as to wether the Yankees will pull head of boston and have them get the Wild Card. What do you think?

I think Yankees so pick that =P

Boston will hang on for the east. NY will take WC and win the world series :slight_smile:

NY will play LA and lose

Well concerning the Red Sox vs. Yankees topic, I’d say the Yankees have a better team. the last 5/6 times the Yankees have played the Red Sox, they’ve won. My theory is that the Yankees will make it to the playoffs, wild card or the east. They will be a better team than Boston, if they continue to play the way they are. They have acquired a lot of new pitchers and players making them more deadly now than they were before. Once a team makes it to the playoffs the in-season record doesn’t mean a thing. The reason it was so low was because they didn’t have the same team in the beginning of the year.

boston has a much better team on paper…

bullpen: papelbon, gagne, delcarmen, okajima
starters: beckett, dice-k, schilling
offence: ellsbury, manram, crisp, lowell, pedroia

yanks… good team… but not as good as boston

bullpen: chamberlain, rivera … who else?
starters: clemens, wang, pettitte
offence: posada, cano is so-so, jeter, a-rod, damon, giambi has his days

yanks have better bats… but bostons pitching’ll shut em down

Offset: I must say their pitching staff has just been awful lately (knock on wood) gagne has been terrible from the start and okajima and papelbon both have given up key runs late in the game especially to the yankees. As for the starting pitching, beckett is amazing i gotta give it to him. He shut down the yanks last saturday. Also, i was very impressed with shilling his past two outings against the yanks. I was at the first one and he was lights out and only made two mistakes to cano. The second one he made a big mistake to jeter, but for having the stuff he has compared to earlier years, he’s doing awesome. As for dice-k i really think he’s wiped from the long season. He’s been pitching alright but overall i think clemens (the yankees third starter) beats him out as their third. But we’ll see how it goes. I really have no clue how it’s going to go. I must admit though, if we do play the angels (I’m a yankees fan) i would be really nervous as the angels usually dominate us.

[quote=“OffSet”]boston has a much better team on paper…

yanks have better bats… but bostons pitching’ll shut em down[/quote]

Bullpen: Rivera, Chamberlain, E. Ramirez, Farnsworth, Viscaino, Villone (who all are pitching well right now)
Starters: Pettitte, Clemens, Wang, Hughes and Moose/Kennedy (have you seen Moose and Kennedy lately?)
Bats: Damon, Jeter, Abreu, A-Rod, Jorge, Godzilla, Cano, Melky
Bench: Giambi, Duncan, Betemit, Molina (Molina plays the field pretty well and has a decent bat, Betemit may be a utility guy but, he’s got some serious power.)

Field: C: Jorge 1B: Menkiewitz 2B: Cano SS: Jeter 3B: A-Rod LF: Damon CF: Melky RF: Abreu

I’m gonna’ say that’s a pretty dang good team there OffSet.

Oh and I think the Indians even though our history against the Angels is bad Joel, are pretty scary with Carmona and Sabathia. The Angels at least have Colon we can beat up on lol.

[quote=“OffSet”]boston has a much better team on paper…

yanks have better bats… but bostons pitching’ll shut em down[/quote]

How can you say this considering the Yankees have won in the last 5 out of 6 times they played Boston. I would say that if you were to put odds on who would win if they played each other in the post season, it would for sure be the Yankees, they’ve beat them 5 out of the last 6 times they’ve played each other.

Doesn’t matter, The Indians are winning the American League anyway. The Yanks have no stable pitching and Boston is in a huge slump that will take some time to get out of. The Angels are doing good, but it looks like Cleveland is just an all-around better team. And sorry Tiger fans, your season is done. I can’t say anything about the World Series though, it’s still up in the air on who’s making the playoffs in the first place.

Where’s the both option? Anyway I pick Red Sox and with the team comparison thing if you favor one of the teams, most likely your gonna give them the advantage. I know I’d do that so I’m not gonna make a list. Both teams are in the playoffs now but when the playoffs actually start, no regular season team’s record matters anymore.

GO SOX!

well actually… being a jays fan, i HATE the sox

but it doesnt change the fact that bostons better :wink:

TOLD U 8)

and not only that… but now theyre done