Will i get scouted in a Small School

I was just think that if i go to a small div 3 school wat would my chance of being scouted be. My summer league coach say that he think that i have a good chance to get scouted if i go to a bigger school

Size might play a bigger role when getting scouted out of college, I am a firm believer that if you got MLB type stuff then they will find you no matter where you are playing.

There were a few small D3 college here in Indiana that had 2 guys drafted. A college here (Bethel) had 4 I believe.

thanks for the reply on the school i was think would would my chance of going to a div 2 school im from Canada i dont really throw that hard mid 70 but my curveball is the best my coach has seen in about 20 year even in the minors and i have a really good circle change-up that hits high 60

i agree with rtusk. if your meant to play pro ball. then youll play. if you play they will come.

I know a couple people that dominated at the D3 level and got a shot at playing pro ball.

Edit: Woah, this thread is five years old.

from 2005 dodgersfan.

But if you keep getting better anything can happen

[quote=“kevo”]I know a couple people that dominated at the D3 level and got a shot at playing pro ball.

Edit: Woah, this thread is five years old.[/quote]

Yeah, it is old!

While it’s true if you have the best stuff, pro teams will find you, it’s not always the case. Matt DeSalvo set Division-III on fire, breaking tons of records for pitchers. When he finished at Marietta College, he couldn’t get anyone to draft him and had to sign as an undrafted free agent with the Yankees.

He only threw 88-89 as a RHP - not anything special for pro standards, but he could locate four pitches for strikes. He continued to put up solid numbers in the minors and made progress as he was promoted. Eventually he got his shot, starting against the Mariners and picking up a few big league appearances.

Two lessons to learn here:

1. Though Matt dominated D3, he wasn’t on too many radars. His stuff wasn’t good enough.
  2. He persisted anyway and can now say that he pitched in the big leagues!