Will Carrol on DICE-K/Roger clemens

Ok this is a video of WILL CARROL talking about dice-k and his mechaincs.
I’ve learned that to throw hard you need to stride as hard sideways as you can that will give you the velocity while keeping you closed till you turn the foot over.

Also another key is everything at the traget if you do this with strideing hard sideways then you will be able to not fall off to one side or the other which helps in control and other things.

Watch how DICE-K strides hard sideways that gives him his velocity and keeps him from throwing with just the arm.

http://mlb.mlb.com/media/player/mp_tpl.jsp?w=mms%3A//a1503.v108692.c10869.g.vm.akamaistream.net/7/1503/10869/v0001/mlb.download.akamai.com/10869/2007/open/features/mechanics/mechanics_matsuzaka_400.wmv&vid=7759&pid=gen_video&cid=mlb&v=2&mType=w&urlstr=&mUrl=&type=v_free&_mp=1

i really dont think a hard stride does anything…ive seen guys with slow deliberate movement laterally that throw hard…i thought no velocity was created till foot plant?

Velocity is created with momentum leading into good rotation.

[quote=“seedthrower4”]i really dont think a hard stride does anything…ive seen guys with slow deliberate movement laterally that throw hard[/quote]Sure, you’ll see that but does that mean it’s the most efficient? Are they making up for it by stressing the arm and shoulder more? Maybe. Would getting to the same velocity by utilizing momentum be less stressful? Maybe.

[quote=“seedthrower4”]…i thought no velocity was created till foot plant?[/quote]If thate were true, then why not just start your motion there? This is very old Dick Mills stuff. Most people didn’t buy that back then and Mills has changed recently to momentum being EVERYTHING.