Wii, 360 or PS3?

This question in not for which one you have it is about which console will win the war.

I believe the Nintendo Wii will triumph, look at how fast they’re selling! Sure Halo 3 will boost 360 hype and definetly keep it tight, the Wii however has Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl coming out within the next 3 months. All of them are anticipated games and they have been right up there with Halo 3 on the list.

The Wii is attracting gamers of all ages and experience as the controls are simplistic so anyone can learn and it also brings family fun and paty games galore.

The PS3 will finish last, even though it is technologically superior. Game selection is not good and gamer developers do not want to make their games as development kits for blu-ray is expensive for them. The PS3 is not as user friendly as the 360 or the Wii either.

The race will be tight but, I believe the Wii will prevail in the end.

I’ve never played the Wii but I’ve played both the 360 and PS3. I’d have to go with the PS3 due to better graphics and gameplay, IMO. Although the price is way out of my range.

How many sales will the PS3 get and where is Sony now? Graphics don’t make sales great, the Wii and 360 both are neck and neck, granted the 360 came out almost a year earlier. Sony is also losing money on each PS3 sold, close to $200 dollars lost per console.

When you say that, do you mean consoles sold or dollars?

Sales.

In profit I believe Nintendo is highest as far as consoles go.

for madden 08 the 360 buts out 100 frames per sec but the PS3 version only puts out only a wopping…30 frames
Wii is a very good console my friends cousin let me play Wii sports I dominate in bowling (AVERAGE 257)

[quote=“futureKazmir”]for madden 08 the 360 buts out 100 frames per sec but the PS3 version only puts out only a wopping…30 frames
Wii is a very good console my friends cousin let me play Wii sports I dominate in bowling (AVERAGE 257)[/quote]

First of all, 360 is at 60 not 100, and yea PS3 is at 30. But it really has nothing to do with the strength of the consoles, its just that EA has become a bunch of lazy bums because they have the only NFL game and they know it. PS3 isn’t harder to develop for, its just different, all they have to do is break down their code into 256kb bits so that the Cell can use it, seeing as how the SPE’s can’t see the local memory. And I can tell you, as I am a bit of a techie, that the strength of its archetecture is far superior to that of the 360, its Cell processesor is going to do some crazy things.

[quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]
First of all, 360 is at 60 not 100, and yea PS3 is at 30. But it really has nothing to do with the strength of the consoles, its just that EA has become a bunch of lazy bums because they have the only NFL game and they know it. PS3 isn’t harder to develop for, its just different, all they have to do is break down their code into 256kb bits so that the Cell can use it, seeing as how the SPE’s can’t see the local memory. And I can tell you, as I am a bit of a techie, that the strength of its archetecture is far superior to that of the 360, its Cell processesor is going to do some crazy things.[/quote]

:shock: :?:
And what does this mean in english?

[quote=“Top_Secret”][quote=“FSTBLLTHRWER”]
First of all, 360 is at 60 not 100, and yea PS3 is at 30. But it really has nothing to do with the strength of the consoles, its just that EA has become a bunch of lazy bums because they have the only NFL game and they know it. PS3 isn’t harder to develop for, its just different, all they have to do is break down their code into 256kb bits so that the Cell can use it, seeing as how the SPE’s can’t see the local memory. And I can tell you, as I am a bit of a techie, that the strength of its archetecture is far superior to that of the 360, its Cell processesor is going to do some crazy things.[/quote]

:shock: :?:
And what does this mean in english?[/quote]

Basically that while the Cell Processor runs circles around 360’s Xenon processor in any number crunching application (I’m talking 20x faster minimum), it has a new memory model that developers have to learn how to use, and that can be a b**ch.

Traditional x86 processors utilize on core and a local cache. The cache is a small portion of extremely high speed memory that keeps the most common commands the processor uses in the memory, so when that processor needs the code for that command again, there is less latency time while it searches for it in the much slower system memory. Cache speeds things up alot.
Think of this as one really big lineman with one play, stopping an entire defensive line.

Then you have dual/tri/quad core processors, which are multiple cores floating on a single cache. These are slightly more difficult to program for, because it forces developers to break their code into several different parts that they feed to the different cores. However, because they operate on the same cache, it is not that much harder to do.
Think of this as 2/3/4 smaller lineman with one play, stopping a defensive line. (This is the variety that the 360 uses)

Then, you have the cell… heres where it gets tricky to explain to non techies. The cell is one standard x86 processor linked on a high speed bus to 8 SPU’s, or Synergenic Processing Units. These SPU’s are extremely fast in number crunching operations, but fail in some normal game functions which is why they never emerged mainstream. The one standard x86 unit, or PPE, has a cache, and can see the main memory. However, the SPU’s cannot see the memory, so they cannot on their own retrieve game code. What the PPE has to do is constantly stream information to the SPU’s, which then crunch the info in much smaller portions. (Which is why they are synergenic, they take an operation like (5+4)*(3+2)/2, and break it into smaller chuncks, where one processor SPU figures 5+4, another figures 3+2, another multiplies the sums, and another divides by 2) In a perfect enviroment, the PPE is streaming game code to the SPU’s quickly, who are processing it piece by piece, and spitting it back out to the PPE who can take that processed information and pass it to wherever in the system it needs to go next. This is easier said than done, however, it is a completely new enviroment for developing games, and some devs have trouble justifying all the time spent on learning the new format.
To finish the anology however, the cell is like having 7 small yet quick lineman stopping a defensive line, with one “Commander” lineman in the backfield constantly changing the play on the fly to adapt to the defensive line.

Hope someone out there got that lol…

Lol guess nobody got that

nope lol

i’d go with a 360 b/c thats currently what i want

I gotta stick with the PS3, I’ve played all 3, but I’m sold on the PS3, but I do enjoy the Wii

I have a 360.

I’ve never really ‘played’ a ps3 besides at walmart. Same for the wii