Why walks can kill you

Tonight i found out exactly why walks kill you. I came in for relief in the 4th inning with one out, I struck the next 2 batters out. Well in the 5th, I walked the leadoff hitter. He stole 2nd, the next batter bunted him over to 3rd. I struck out the next kid which made 2 outs. Well the next kid came up and hit a ground ball to the thrid baseman and he missed it. I know it was an error and the third basebman should’ve had it, but it is a prime example of why walks can kill you. But other than that, 3 2/3 IP…1 H…1 BB…and 1 ER.

walks can kill you especially when the team is playing small ball because that means the same as a leadoff base hit. when teams are just trying to crush the ball you can get some runs out of it but you can focus on the batter which you cant when they are doing all these bunt hit and run stolen base and squeezes

IN 23 1/3 I have had 1 walk (on a 3-2 curveball) and my era is under 1. Walks are a good indicator of your era. I am not a strikeout pitcher but have great control.