Why the negative feedback

Okay might be wrong thread but i will still post.

The reason why i have so many negative feedbacks on this forum, was because for over 6months i listened to alot of you guys. Mainly kyleb, lanky lefty, and some other regulars. They were the big ones who always posted on my threads.

Now i follwed countless articles that you guys posted and i listened to your advice. You guys told me a good strength/weight lifting program and i follwed it. I listened to you guys. And then after 6months my velocity didn’t improve, either did my strength. And i really listened to you guys.

THe big point here is that i went to bodybuilding.com and they did know their sh it. They told me how to gain weight the right way and strength. They helped me put on 30lbs. 25lbs of muscle and 5lb sof fat, in 6 months. Without any supplements, steriods, or even protein whey.

Just basic foods. I know this isn’t a bodybuilding website. But the people who are giving strenght advice and workout advice is totally wrong.

Whatever you may think. Its nice to condition the arm.

But you aren’t going to get looked at from any team. Being 5’10 160lbs

I am now 5’10 192lbs and i did get noticed by a college team.

I just don’t want people getting the wrong information. Thats about it. I just don’t feel peple know all their facts

I will stop being rude on the forums, but i will still try to help people out

peace

Opinions are like butts…everyones got one and they all stink…look, if you feel they are wrong, present evidence and then offer a better way. That is how things work. Do that with respect and you won’t have any problem…but you absolutely need to leave off of any form of cussing, leaving out letters isn’t “getting around it”, use another word…No one will bother you if you participate like everyone else does. You’ll be welcomed and everyone can benefit…take the trash and trash talking to Facebook.

so what college team was looking at you? Also you said in previous posts that your a senior and that you’ve touched 91mph so i wanna know who your playing college ball for bud. Everyone I know that is playing college ball has signed or verballed, including myself.

Good questions. Also, HS seniors throwing 91 are usually getting more looks from pros than college scouts. :wink:

1. you came on this website 6 months ago asking about “polyatomics.”

2. You are attacking people for not knowing their stuff, but can’t come up with a single concrete example. You made progress…that’s great. So have people on this site who have followed advice that you say is idiotic.

3. Let me share a little story with you…

The summer before my sophomore year I followed West Side for Skinny Bastards III by Joe Defranco. I didn’t know a thing about lifting. I had little idea about proper technique or intensity. I just knew that here was a program that was supposed to be good. Let’s try it out. And I made pretty crappy progress, to the tune of about 7lbs in 9 weeks. For a guy who was 6’3" around 160lbs at the time, this was abysmal. I should have gained nearly 20 lbs in that timeframe. It was the little things that I didn’t know because of my inexperience. A program is just a program, but if you don’t know how to execute it properly you arent going to reap its benefits.

I didn’t know my lifts were supposed to only last one hour. I didn’t know about post-workout nutrition. I didn’t know about lifting each rep with maximum intensity. I didn’t really know what intensity looked like. I knew I was supposed to eat a lot, but had no real idea what that meant. I thought eating a lot mean’t 3,000 calories a day. I biked to and from work…I didn’t realize this was burning a ton of extra calories and killing my progress.

You see you can blame a program, but if that program has shown consistent, impressive results with hundreds even thousands of athletes or weekend warriors of all ages, it’s likely not the program that is to blame for your progress.

Looking back at WS4SBIII, it’s an even better template than I realized at the time that I followed it. But if I followed it again this summer I can guarantee you I would be reaping a much greater benefit from it, despite performing the same exercises, sets and reps.

So don’t make blanket statements about ALL of the advice you received on this forum just because you didn’t make great progress. Advice is only helpful if the receiver knows how to interpret and apply it.

August 2007 I would have told you WS4SBIII was a mediocre program, because I made mediocre progress on it. Little did I know it was not the program’s fault for my lack of progress. If you asked me now I would tell you WS4SBIII is a fantastic program, but only if you know how to use it properly.

Ya you pretty well just stated my post.

You guys give crappy advice. Like seriously. I am still debating with you about the frikin nutrition that you obviously have no idea about on a different post.

You guys also said not to split training at all and do full body routines. That is stupid as hell. I gained a lot of weight from split training and alot of other people did as well.

Ya weight lifting is awesome and so is pitching, fielding, batting. But you will not gain any weight or get any notice from pro or college teams if your nutrition is not good. You guys have absolutely no idea about nutrition

Lanky you never gained weighted because you weren’t counting your calories period. Also i don’t know if you guys know chuck liddell from UFC… but he is around 185lbs and he consumes 4,000 calories a day.

Do you know what he does every day. LOL ALOT MORE THAN THROWING A BASEBALL 30 TIMES IN THE BULLPEN

He runs 3miles every other day. Does sled dragging, tire swings, 45min intense workouts, boxes, sparrs, grapples. He does that consistently with very short rest period between sets.

You are honenstly telling me that a guy who is 6’0 130lbs that plays light catch every tuesday and thursday, require the same amount of calories as chuck liddells.

You guys are idiots, period. That is a complete joke and i am done getting useless information from you guys.

For what is worth, in high school many years ago, we did HIT. I worked my butt off and was only mediocre. My son is now at the same stage I was at. We are researching so he doesn’t make the mistakes that I made. He works HARD but he also works SMARTER. For example, he deadlifts 400 lbs while only weighing 140 lbs and wondering if he is ever going to shave. Once puberty sets in I suspect his strength will increase even more.

You have 2 choices. You can learn from people with track records such as Wolforth, Ellls, Nyman, Cressey, Pavel, Mike Boyle, Brent Contrares, Tony Gentilcore, and Mike Robertson or you can blaze your own trail. Having been down that trail myself, I hope you have better luck than me.

perhaps your biggest mistake is believing that there is only one correct way to do things. If something “worked” for you, then everything else must be useless. You will not get very far in life thinking this way.

I don’t think you want, need or appreciate this forum and what it has to offer.

this kid is complete bs, he keeps ignoring my simple question of “where is he playing college ball at”. Come on he claims he’s touched 91…with that being said he needs to go lol

[quote=“fireball999”]Ya Lanky you never gained weighted because you weren’t counting your calories period. Also i don’t know if you guys know chuck liddell from UFC… but he is around 185lbs and he consumes 4,000 calories a day.
Do you know what he does every day. LOL ALOT MORE THAN THROWING A BASEBALL 30 TIMES IN THE BULLPEN
He runs 3miles every other day. Does sled dragging, tire swings, 45min intense workouts, boxes, sparrs, grapples. He does that consistently with very short rest period between sets.
You are honenstly telling me that a guy who is 6’0 130lbs that plays light catch every tuesday and thursday, require the same amount of calories as chuck liddells.
That is a complete joke and i am done getting useless information from you guys.[/quote]

And you know,
Chuck Liddell isn’t even a baseball player.
Baseball players don’t have to be big and strong to succeed.
There have been plenty of small people who have succeeded in baseball, even in the Major Leagues. Hack Wilson (homerun champ), David Eckstein, Tim Lincecum, and So Taguchi, all were small guys.

okay the guy above me who posted i ain’t even going to talk about you. You make no sense.

We are talking on how to get bigger and stronger. You completely misread the question. This is exactly what i am talking about

Oh and you want to know where i am playing right. So you want me to tell you my full name, my location, and where i am going to be going to school in the next year. Do you think i am frecking retarded.

Why would i tell a bunch of people(who know very little about baseball, except for steven)… Where i live.
I am basically telling random people who i have never even met in real life, where i live.

You my friend are stupid. And i don’t care if kyle b told you guys where he goes to school or whatever.

You can believe me or not. Either way i don’t care what a bunch of guys on the internet, who can’t play baseball think of me.

Basically the only person who actually gave me good advice was Steven Ellis. So ya he is cool in my books. And he actually made it to the show, so he knows what to do to be successful

For what its worth his opinion is the only one i would take.

or if that’s not your style, this works too

:shock:

fireball999,

Lanky Lefty is on the pitching staff of a terrific D1 university baseball program.

Regardless of what you may think, his generous and detailed advice to those who are trying to get to the same level that he is currently playing at is very highly thought of at LTP, by the coaches and younger players alike who use this forum.

You seem to want apologies from everybody who tries to respond to your questions but falls short, in your judgement…good luck with that 'tude, sonny.

[quote=“LankyLefty”]perhaps your biggest mistake is believing that there is only one correct way to do things. If something “worked” for you, then everything else must be useless. You will not get very far in life thinking this way.

I don’t think you want, need or appreciate this forum and what it has to offer.[/quote]
Let’s take a look at Ted Williams. He is one of my hero’s, the best hitter to have walked this earth. He was an amazing hitter. Guess what he did? He talked with everyone about hitting. He listened to advice from everyone. Did he take all the advice? No, but he thought about everything he heard. He was a student of the game.

To simply throw out advice, especially without first looking at its merit is sad! An idea that is different than yours is far from a bad idea. It is naive to think that you are the only person on here that knows anything about baseball.

Many of us have played to a level that is great than yours. Lanky is a college athlete, so am I. Are you at this level yet? No. So before you go and say that you won’t listen to us, consider this. My catcher in high school that he was pretty great stuff. He thought he was going to walk on at a respectable D1 college no problem. His attitude was better than yours, but still pretty poor. My sophomore year in high school we almost got into a fist fight, and all of our years in school, he was constantly putting teammates down. Now, he isn’t playing for anybody. Why? Nobody wants a person who isn’t coachable. Nobody likes a kid who thinks they know everything, who isn’t willing to listen to even a bad idea.

The best ideas are the ones stated with facts. They are supported by the truth, people attack the ideas but they still stand. Other people adopt these ideas. Why? Because they were good. That is why what everyone on this site usually talks about the same stuff. We know what we are talking about. It works, and better yet, we are open to new ideas, how to better things, etc.

[quote=“fireball999”]Oh and you want to know where i am playing right. So you want me to tell you my full name, my location, and where i am going to be going to school in the next year. Do you think i am frecking retarded.

Why would i tell a bunch of people(who know very little about baseball, except for steven)… Where i live.
I am basically telling random people who i have never even met in real life, where i live.

You my friend are stupid. And i don’t care if kyle b told you guys where he goes to school or whatever.

You can believe me or not. Either way i don’t care what a bunch of guys on the internet, who can’t play baseball think of me.[/quote]
You aren’t going to tell what college you will go to because you aren’t going to one for baseball yet. Bottom line. Do you realize that there is nothing to worry about on this website? A few members have both my college address and my home address. We have written one another, shared ideas, etc. And guess what? You are a full grown, 18 year old man. I am sure you can take care of yourself. You don’t have to tell us to the T where you live. But what size high school do you go to? How good are they?

If we know very little about baseball, feel free to enlighten us. I guarantee that if we knew little about baseball, that is why we have been so successful as both players and coaches. Why not tell us about your “success?” If you know everything, then you will be playing pro ball in the next year or so. Maybe in 10 years you will have already surpassed Nolan Ryan with your obvious superior intellect and skill.

Once again you make claims about how we can’t play baseball. Well sir, I am glad you are the president of the United States. I am the Easter bunny. Lanky is Santa Claus. Have fun with your success.

fireball, I have only one thing left to say to you. Take responsibility for your own career. You asked for advice, you needed help. I’m not here to judge whether the advice you were given was good or not, because frankly I don’t know if it was or not.

I will however say that ultimately you took this advice and tried it out. It didn’t work out for you. You tried something else and it worked out great for you. Good for you. You can argue your way. The majority of posters would agree that we have no problem with a good old fashion respectful argument.

But notice the key word, respectful. I have disagreed with numerous posters, and they with me. But my fellow posters and I always focus on the objective of the argument and leave the personal attacks out of it.

Quite blaming other people for your mistakes and own up to the fact that it is your career, not our career. If you don’t make it, it will be because of you not us.

[quote]You my friend are stupid. And i don’t care if kyle b told you guys where he goes to school or whatever.

You can believe me or not. Either way i don’t care what a bunch of guys on the internet, who can’t play baseball think of me.[/quote]

You are awfully cocky for a kid who won’t post video of himself throwing or tell us his name so we can verify that you actually throw 91.

You only get out what you put in. And if your tossing 88 like I think youve said then collegiate ball would be right around the corner for you. You cant blame people here for giving advice, they try to help and most of the time they are right. So listen and absorb what people say.

well first off i will never give my address out on the internet, xbox live, or any other chat line.

2nd off the team that wants to take me they are D-1. I am not going to say what school, but i will give you an idea of where i am at. ITs somewhere in the west coast in the States. Sorry but thats all i can say

See i do not care if you believe i can throw over 90mph or not. I am 18 yeras old. 2 kids in a nearby school were clocked at throwing 93mph at the age of 14 years old. Its not that hard to throw 90mph, sure it takes alot of work. But i am constantly training. Like i said in a different thread i was only throwing 80mph or so. and i really started weight training hard and packed on 20lbs of muscle and 5lbs of fat. So ya believe me or not i do not care. Its the internet

Perhaps one of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard.

[quote=“fireball999”]well first off i will never give my address out on the internet, xbox live, or any other chat line.

2nd off the team that wants to take me they are D-1. I am not going to say what school, but i will give you an idea of where i am at. ITs somewhere in the west coast in the States. Sorry but thats all i can say

See i do not care if you believe i can throw over 90mph or not. I am 18 yeras old. 2 kids in a nearby school were clocked at throwing 93mph at the age of 14 years old. Its not that hard to throw 90mph, sure it takes alot of work. But i am constantly training. Like i said in a different thread i was only throwing 80mph or so. and i really started weight training hard and packed on 20lbs of muscle and 5lbs of fat. So ya believe me or not i do not care. Its the internet[/quote]

You ain’t **** if you haven’t signed yet. lmao