Who should win the NL Cy Young?

Who should get the NL Cy Young, and why?

You can also comment if your pick isn’t in the poll.

B Webb (Oh God I hate to say it!!)
Look at his record.

Webb no doubt

it should be lincecum but he has no team behind him. Of the 6 giants games i watched (i only watch when he is on the bump) at least 5 games he comes out with a 3-5 run lead and his shameful bullpen loses it for him. Thats only 6 games. If he has a good pen i say he gets it.

Other than that it has to be webb

Great pitchers can transcend a pukey team…The Great Greg won his first on the Cubs and they weren’t anything to write home about…Steve Carleton won it on a Phillies team that lost almost every game he didn’t pitch…he used to tell his team on his day in the rotation it was “Win Day”…ahh he was the first with the nickname “Lefty” (Outside of Lefty Gomez)…that was one winner guy. Tim will be truely great when he lifts his crappy team to a win when he hits the mound…despite themselves.

I’m surprised nobody is supporting Sabbathia. Personally I’d give it to Webb, but i’ve been hearing a lot lately about how “incredible” Sabbathia has been for the Brewers, and why he should get it. I’m slowly being persuaded by each time he takes the mound. I wouldn’t ever think about giving the Cy Young to someone who has only been there for the last 2 months of the season, but 4 complete games…I dont know. It’s going to be a race

He’s doing what Rick Sutcliffe did when the Indians traded him to the Cubs at mid-season…no doubt he’s been crazy dominant…but that stinkin Webb has been eatin everyones lunch ALL year…Roger has been gloating on him so it makes it hard for me…but daggone it he’s right, the guy has just been a monster all year long.

Great pitchers can transcend a pukey team…The Great Greg won his first on the Cubs and they weren’t anything to write home about…Steve Carleton won it on a Phillies team that lost almost every game he didn’t pitch…he used to tell his team on his day in the rotation it was “Win Day”…ahh he was the first with the nickname “Lefty” (Outside of Lefty Gomez)…that was one winner guy. Tim will be truely great when he lifts his crappy team to a win when he hits the mound…despite themselves.[/quote]

good point lol

What happened to Volquez? I thought he was a front runner… I suppose until that C.C. boy got to Milwaukee.

It’s not like Webb does. The D-backs just got swept by the last place Padres who had to face Haren, Webb and Johnson in the series. The D-backs’ bullpen blew a win for Randy Johnson tonight. :roll:

The only reason the D-backs are in 1st place is because the western division sux.

The only reason the D-backs are in 1st place is because the western division sux.[/quote]

Id have to agree with the last statement. The NL West is pretty terrible. I’d like to see Webb in a more challenging division, and if he would still post 20 wins.

It all bodes well for my Cubbies 8)
I would have thrown Zambrano into that mix but I think he’s still got something wrong in his shoulder…Now Ryan Dempster…he will win 20 and is a true darkhorse for it…the dude has been nearly unbeatable at Wrigley and has put together a fantastic season considering hes just come out of the pen. I haven’t heard much chatter about his funky little wiggle of his glove during his wind-up…

[quote=“jdfromfla”]It all bodes well for my Cubbies 8)
I would have thrown Zambrano into that mix but I think he’s still got something wrong in his shoulder…Now Ryan Dempster…he will win 20 and is a true darkhorse for it…the dude has been nearly unbeatable at Wrigley and has put together a fantastic season considering hes just come out of the pen. I haven’t heard much chatter about his funky little wiggle of his glove during his wind-up…[/quote]

I actually put Zambrano into the poll, im not sure why he wasnt included :?

Watchin Dempster against Cole Hamels tonight…whatta duel…Demp gave up one in the first…it’s now the 5th in a 1-0 game…Hamels has a 2 hitter goin

Alright, I’m going to go out on a limb here and take CC. Only if, and it’s a big if, if he goes undefeated the rest of the way. What if he finishes 13-0 with a 1.50 era? The guy’s whip with the brew crew is under one, at a ridiculous .99!?! That’s unheard of for a starter. Assuming the brewers make the playoffs and CC is unbeaten, that’s who will get my vote. I have Lincecum in second, seeing that his teams bullpen has blown 5, yes that’s right 5 wins for him, and his other numbers are just that much better than Webb’s. Lincecum is 15-3 with a 2.60 216 k’s and a whip of 1.19 While Webb sits at 19-6 with a 3.19 160 k’s with a 1.17. Very comparable, who will pull it out down the stretch!

I have to agree Hammer…CC is kickin booty beyond Webb…the CG’s alone…not to mention undefeated…

sabathia

Depending on what year you are in- I would have said Sabathia should have gotten it.

However, as it is 2010, I would vote for STL’s Adam Wainwright or Philidelphia’s Roy Halladay.

The the NL Cy Young I would vote for Ublado Jimenez. Even though he slowed down at the end his stats are still awesome. He was dominant.

19-8
2.88 era
214 k’s

He did have too many wild pitches though. Double digits.

:shock:
Sorry- I forgot to put Jimenez on the poll.
If I were a betting man, I would bet that Halladay gets the Cy Young though.
The only fault that I have with Jimenez is that this was his first breakout year.
Sure he’s been good for the Rockies, but I personally wouldn’t vote for
a pitcher for the Cy Young unless he had proven over several years that he was worthy.
Same thing with Josh Johnson, it was his first really, really, good year.