Who says 5'5" kids can't throw hard?

This 5’5" (maybe 5’6" max) has awesome intent and throws up to 89 MPH. He is a high school senior.

Don’t let height get ya down! :slight_smile:

Excellent intent and explosiveness/use of lower half.

Here’s an article I found on him:
http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/05/10/2591887/parsons-lugs-big-heat-in-small.html

I was a little snip, 5’4", 125 pounds, and although I wasn’t particularly fast I could and did throw hard—and I was an honest-to-gosh sidearmer! I threw hard, and I used the slide-step throughout because I found that it gave me extra speed in my delivery. So there. 8)

Agree with all. He does a great job with understanding the importance of the CM. most players externally rotate front leg to soon, he maintains internal rotation of front hip until late in the delivery

How long has he been working with you?

Another great example is Tim Collins of the Kansas City Royals. He’s 5’5" but throws up to the mid 90s. Just goes to show that working your a** off can make a lot of things possible (like throwing as hard or harder than guys 100 lbs heavier).

Just briefly. He will be working out here full-time this off-season in the hopes of getting to 92-93. My money’s on him getting it done.

When I read this in the aforementioned article:

I said “You’re gonna fit in here REAL well.”

[quote]Another great example is Tim Collins of the Kansas City Royals. He’s 5’5" but throws up to the mid 90s. Just goes to show that working your a** off can make a lot of things possible (like throwing as hard or harder than guys 100 lbs heavier).
[/quote]

No doubt. He can pump it in the upper 90’s, even!

I hope he can still stand solidly after he released his pitches

FOr exmaple, Roger Clemens, Nolan Ryan and Greg Maddux

Rest pitching mechanics,

i got no words to say, because he has a very good mechanics in overall

except his finishing position

Kyle,

I wanted to thank you for offering your help with Blain when he visits up there next week. He is one of these guys (5’10”) you speak of in this excellent thread.

He has told me of your situation (association has it’s drawbacks, you should see this in action at my end!!!). I do not believe logistics will slow you guys down and I believe this will have you make the next move in the development of your personal pedagogy and future endeavors.

You are one of the only people on earth that I trust to handle him!! He must continue to attack his interval program and I have asked him to be receptive to any drills you perform that would help him along. I wish you would have been his pitching coach at the university. He has only been messing with his new hybrid motion, I feel he is just becoming ready to start, feel free to add in your opinion

Keep your chin up and go push that plow, you are on the right track, do not back down.

Later Lon Fullmer
Saddleback Valley baseball

Lon:

Well, now I feel bad about my other post in the thread, but I won’t edit it because I stand by it.

My intent was to tell Blaine absolutely nothing about how we train. Regardless of our past issues, I want him following your advice and your advice alone. I was merely going to provide some equipment (iron balls and wrist weights) for him to do his stuff.

But if he has questions and it’s alright with you, I will certainly talk to him about our stuff. And I’ll frame it as Marshall would to help him grasp why we do certain things and why we don’t do certain things.

One thing is for sure: If I had been his college pitching coach, he would have been throwing with the full Marshall mechanics on the mound if he so desired. Or hybridized, or whatever. I am simply astounded that I was not aware of his affiliation with you, since I personally saw him pitch multiple times here in Seattle.

Lost opportunities, I suppose.

How’s the 5’5 kid doing by the way?