Who is the best pitcher in the draft?

I think its ethier Andrew Miller or Tim Lincecum.

miller is really good

Miller, Linecum, Scherzer (sp?), Chamberlain, Kennedy, Lincoln, among others are pretty damn good. This years draft class is pretty solid when it comes to pitching.

Luke Hochevar will also be in the draft as he didn’t sign. If he has the same stuff as he did with UTenn, I’d say he’s a top five pitcher in the draft.

[quote=“HCBaseball13”]Miller, Linecum, Scherzer (sp?), Chamberlain, Kennedy, Lincoln, among others are pretty damn good. This years draft class is pretty solid when it comes to pitching.

Luke Hochevar will also be in the draft as he didn’t sign. If he has the same stuff as he did with UTenn, I’d say he’s a top five pitcher in the draft.[/quote]

I think that Scherzer and Kennedy have mechanical problems (they both take their elbows both above and behind their shoulders) that will increase their risk of being injured. I think this manifested itself in Scherzer’s shoulder problems this year.

I won’t be happy if the Cardinals draft them.

Lincenum also has a very violent motion that is effective but may not hold up over time.

I haven’t seen the others

Tim Lincecum hands down.

Undersized kid who has proved everyone wrong! Great kid as well.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20060516&content_id=1456105&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

1. Kansas City Royals: Tim Lincecum, RHP, University of Washington

Lincecum wasn’t thrilling on Friday, losing to Stanford’s Greg Reynolds (more on him later) and allowing 10 hits and four runs (three earned) while striking out just five. He also threw over 130 pitches, following up a 140-plus pitch performance the previous Friday and a one-batter relief outing mid-week. It’s the kind of college abuse a scouting director has to cringe at. That being said, if you liked Lincecum before, nothing happened that made you change your mind, so he’s definitely still in the mix. The Royals are down to three candidates for this spot: Lincecum, Andrew Miller and Brad Lincoln, with Lincoln throwing the best of the three of late. If the Royals don’t take Lincecum, he could slide quite a bit.
Last week’s projection: Lincecum

This is exactly what I’m talking about. His motion is very violent and thus prone to being upset by small disturbances.

I would prefer someone who had a smoother motion that was easier to repeat on a consistent basis.

Dallas Buck and Kevin Gunderson will be up there… Jonah Nickerson too. OSU is kinda stacked.

kyle drabek probaly has the nastiest stuff and most upside