Which type of pitcher are you?

What type Control,Power Pitcher, Or even K-baller

I’m a control pitcher because I like to paint the corners and let the movement of my pitches take over.

It depends on what i feel like on game day, i make the adjustment so i’m comfortable.

Example, one game i strike out everyone but one batter (mostly because they couldn’t catch up to my fastball)

Then in my first all star game, in warmups, my fastball wasn’t there. I pitch 6 1/3 innings, 3 K’s, 1 BB, Shutout through 5 innings.

I don’t really know what kind of pitcher I am yet, but I think what I do is good, and I like it 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

i learned to be a stikeout pitcher cause my teener team’s infield was really something.

I’m a sinkerballer, but since my team has s–t defense, i might have to be a strikeout pitcher.

I dont throw too hard but have good control, but the trick pitches i have allow me to be a k-baller

i have to be power and rack up as many K’s as possible because my infield is horrible

wow…just…wow :cry: :roll:

well i would call myself more of a controlled strikeout pitcher. last season i was lucky if i hit upper 50s which made me hit corners and the only way i could be up in the zone is if it was only 6 inches from thier face or 2 feet away

upper 50’s? which would make your curveball what?.. 40 :shock:

not sure if its a curveball at 40 mph, so im guessing u throw harder than u think

id say control pitcher if i had control but i dont really, so i put power although high 70s touching 80 is far from a power pitcher at 17 years old.

K-Ball baby!!!

Ball:“I’m over here, wait no I’m over here, you don’t know which way I’m coming!”

SWING

Batter:“WAAAAH!”

Ball: “HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!”

Yes it laughs at you as it goes by.

i would call myself a controll pitcher but i throw above average speed and am workin on a k-ball

upper 50’s? which would make your curveball what?.. 40 :shock:

not sure if its a curveball at 40 mph, so im guessing u throw harder than u think[/quote]
reply is a bit late on this one, but to clear things up i was so slow last season. i only learned a curve this year. right now im in the upper 60s to 70 and im averaging around 1 1/3 strikeout per inning, mostly due to my curve which is just plain nasty for a 14 year old.

throwing a curve at 14? not a good idea. i used to throw a slider, but i canned that this season.

a late reply to the curve thing but curve @ 14 usually not a good thing. Only if you are a really early bloomer and are done growing at 14 (not gonna happen) The best 2 pitches in baseball (in order) Well located fastball and a good deceptive changeup

@ the reply…

Instead of throwing a curve where you need to snap the wrist which can cause a lot of bad stuff, try a cutter which is basically a curve without the shoulder problems. Thats what I did, and last summer I started to work on my curve again.

And I’m sorry everyone… I guess I can consider myself a power pitcher. I still care about location, but I love when I just throw as hard as I can only to see the guy fall for it. I’m working on my control… maybe thats why I was first on my team for walks :smiley:
lol.

i learned that to throw a curve you dont snap the wrist. the whole grip and hand angle is set before the ball even leaves the glove. all you have to do is throw a fastball from there.

I am a k pitcher(somehow). I don’t throw super fast or have amazing offspeed, I guess I just put the ball in spots where they can’t hit it.

Definitely a control pitcher. I didn’t have a fast ball to speak of, so I had to go to the breaking stuff and become a snake-jazzer. I was a natural sidearmer with a consistent release point and a good curve ball that came attached to that sidearm delivery (and if you’re in such a situation and can throw a curve without screwing up your arm, go to it), and I picked up a few other pitches—like the knuckle-curve and the slider, not to mention…I had good stuff and I knew what to do with it, and I played for some sixteen years before my work schedule caught up with me and I had to stop. And I had an unbelievable pitching coach who saw where I was coming from and who took me in hand and helped me become an even better pitcher. Ah, memories… 8)

Power pitcher. For sure.