Which Book?

Hey Guys,

I’d like to purchase one of Mr. Ellis’ books, and I’d like to know which one I should invest the money in right now. I plan on getting them all eventually, but can only get one right now.

I am a currently a Sophomore High School Pitcher. I have been lifting weights for over a year but could use the pitcher specific, all-seasons workouts and other structured plans that Tuff Cuff can give you.
At the same time, I could use any advanced tips or philosophies I can get that the other three books might offer.

Whatcha think? :slight_smile:

Where you are I’d think you can get the most use, right now, out of Tuff Cuff. The tips books are good…but TC offers a practical usage plan that can give you more immediate benefit.

The only one I do not have is Tuff Cuff, in fact I have the first release of Advanced Pitching Philosophy as well. All are quite awesome, Tuff Cuff has gotten awesome reviews from everyone.

I feel it depends on where you are at in your offseason. Mine officially ends Tuesday, in which case I would wait to pick up Tuff Cuff until after Spring Baseball. If you’ve still got a while to prepare then go for Tuff Cuff. Tuff Cuff is a year round program, but I think just learning the mindset and strategy with Advanced Philosophy may be a bit better if your preparation time is over.

That book will teach you to think and understand on a whole new level. Things you have never even considered are brought up that will definitely help better the way you pitch. It’s a very comprehensive title. Great stuff.

The Pitching Tips titles are awesome as well, but I would go for Advanced Pitching Philosophy as the first thing to get. I would say Pitching Tips titles are more situational strategy, whereas Advanced Philosophy hits on a wider range of pitching topics, like moreso with mechanics and preparation and such.

[quote=“centerfield2150”]The only one I do not have is Tuff Cuff, in fact I have the first release of Advanced Pitching Philosophy as well. All are quite awesome.

At this point in the year I would go for Advanced Pitching Philosophy. Seasons are starting to get going, your going to be in games soon enough.

That book will teach you to think and understand on a whole new level. Things you have never even considered are brought up that will definitely help better the way you pitch. It’s a very comprehensive title. Great stuff.

The Pitching Tips titles are awesome as well, but I would go for Advanced Pitching Philosophy as the first thing to get. I would say Pitching Tips titles are more situational strategy, whereas Advanced Philosophy hits on a wider range of pitching topics, like moreso with mechanics and preparation and such.[/quote]

Actually, games have already started :stuck_out_tongue: So the philosophies might be the way to go. Plus it’s a lot cheaper than tuff cuff, but im sure i’ll end up gettin that eventually.