When will I ever learn?

I went for my scheduled medical check up and my tetanus boaster was out of date.

The nurse who was assisting my doctor was an avid Yankee’s fan and knew that I was a pitching coach and also knew that I followed the Sox – their rotation in particular.

My doctor leaves and the nurse walks back into the examination room with a stainless steel tray, and on the tray was a needle that looked like a 105 howitzer shell.

She looked at me with sort of a grin on her face and said that I wouldn’t be sliding into third base for a while- so take it easy after this.

Now I should have kept my darn mouth shut – but…. I just had to run at the mouth and say something smart like … “ the joke’s on you lady … in all my playing years I never made it to third, so there….”

She proceeds to take a small bottle and turns it upside down, sticks this needle into it … and then removes it … holds it in front of me and gives a squirt to test the needle that goes about two feet in the air. I turned white as a sheet.

I tried to break the tension by asking her if she was still sore about the Sox taking the Yankees a while back… and all she could say was … “ not as sore as your going to be in about one second!”

When will I ever learn…

Coach B.

:evil:

more like :twisted:

That was a good initial come back though, coach :lol: .

Nice sig Defalco. 8)

Haha, no problem, ‘13’.

Hey, me too. I had him on my fantasy team so I rooted for him!

Did you watch his games?

On MLB TV, as much as I could. I try to watch almost all games I can (baseball nut, aren’t we all). Even though I piggy-backed off my uncle’s subscription (he lives in LA, die-hard Yankee fan since birth like me and my Dad and bro and most rest of family), he bought it in May, and they take off like 25% if you buy it sometime in the season (first month doesn’t mean that much, certainly not 25% of the price worth). Also, as many people can use it at one time as you want, so it doesn’t interfere.

Sorry I’m acting like a spokesman. My first sentence is the answer to your question - a :thumbsup: .

my favorite was when bakersdozen got offended when someone was calling him 13 because he thought they were saying he was a youngin haha

I thought I was gonna cry…had him all offended and stuff :frowning: …heck I figured he was being a sharp kid and his uni number was 13 or something :lol: )
We used to actually get the bakers dozen at a bakery in Chicago when I was a kid…mom would buy these fresh pretzels and we’d always get that extra one…they threw the extra in there incase some broke by the way :smiley:
We’d also always get an extra fresh danish…omg…it don’t happen like that anymore folks :wink:

JD,

Thats better than callin him the amish dozen…sometimes people around here get 11 ears of corn in their bag.

:hi:

All jokin aside…some of the best softball teams in the area are amish/mennonite teams.

Dino, a question for you.

A few yars ago I was driving towards Lancaster, on route 23, and out of the blue came this horse drawn carriage. It was very early in the morning and I didn’t expect it.

Later on that day I asked a motel clerk about the people who had that life style and espeically about their mode of transportation. While going to my room for the night, I saw people dressed in the same way that I saw earlier in the carriage, being driven off in a pickup truck.

Are there different divisions within these life styles? Can some ride in nothing but horse and carriages while others can do otherwise?

Coach B.