When to start E-mailing College Coaches

Okay well im going into my JR year, and i was wondering when i should start emailing different coaches that schools i am interested in?
Thanks

You could start right now or at least in the Fall.

If your playing on a team in the WWBA in Jupiter in October that is like the biggest scouting place ever and would be a great place for them to get an early look at you.

Smoke…How did your year go?

I ended up 4-2 with like 33 innings and 37 Ks. I started out 3-0 then I got tendonitis and never really got back to my early season form.

Ended up signing with Samford University and got drafted by the Boston Red Sox.

Well got drafted!!!
WTFO are we having a party or what??
Whats the deal man? Rookie ball?
Hows the arm now?
Samford? Where ya gonna go and what cha going to do?
Lets have some detail dude…lets go fess up.
Really proud to see you get some real consideration.

And Chissell…he’s so right about Jupiter…I’ve got a bunch of pictures of scouts there. They all ride around in golf carts…it’s a hoot…hundreds of guys riding around in golf carts with radar guns in hand 8) :lol: .

Southern Smoke: What round?

Should be on here: http://www.baseball-reference.com/draft/?query_type=franch_year&team_ID=BOS&year_ID=2010&draft_type=junreg&from_type_hs=1

There’s only one guy from Jupiter… must be you. 33rd round, 1013th pick overall. good job

That would be me.

how hard do you throw southern smoke?

How many showcases did you go to?

Nice job southern and idea what your gonna do go to college or sign with them?

Now back to the thread topic I would email the schools your interested in as early as possible then when schools reach out to you with interest of course email back accordingly if you really want to go to a school reach out and push a little bit.

[quote] how hard do you throw southern smoke?

How many showcases did you go to? [/quote]
I touch 92 and sit at 88-89 with good movement.

I started doing showcases my Sophomore summer with PBC Pal.
Junior summer played with Team Mizuno PB.
Then I also played with PB Select.

I mean I did all the regular showcases like East Cobb, Fort Myers, and I did the WWBA in Jupiter 3 times which really helped. My junior year there were a lot of pro scouts there looking at another kid on our team and I came in relief and I guess this just took note of me then.

Right now I am leaning towards going to college for a good education and improve baseball wise. I still can learn a lot more that will really help me baseball wise.

If you don’t mind I am going to set up a scenario here:

You get drafted in the 31st round in your sophomore season. Do you sign?

I wouldn’t.

[quote]If you don’t mind I am going to set up a scenario here:

You get drafted in the 31st round in your sophomore season. Do you sign?

I wouldn’t.[/quote]

Well I signed D1 so the earliest would be my Junior season unless I was a Redshirt Soph. which I don’t think will happen.

And considering the money that would be available in that round for a college righty, I agree it wouldn’t be enough to sign, unless the team went over-slot.