When do you think is the right age to throw a curveball?

I have heard 15 for when you should start throwing curves. I don’t know if anyone had heard or thought of a different age.

Gee whizikins! There are as many points of view as there are people on the face of this planet as to when to start throwing a curve. Me, I was eleven years old when I discovered that I had a natural sidearm delivery and a pretty good little curve ball that came attached to it—I know that doesn’t happen often, but there it was. Conversely, there are people who never learn to throw one. Most people will tell you that the right age to start throwing one is 14 or 15, and they seem to be on the right track. I don’t know how old you are, but if you’re near that age you might think about learning a curve ball. Think about it. 8)

I am 14 and I have been throwing a curve since last fall. I was just wondering what other people thought and the age 14 and 15 seems to be pretty close to what most people say is a good age.

Stay with it. :slight_smile: 8)

I will

just dont throw it to much

I don’t llke to throw it too much because the opposing hitters learn how to time it up and eventually they start to smack it around.

The other day we faced a pitcher who only threw (as Zita would say) snake jazz. Seriously, his fastball was just there like an 0-2 pitch out of the zone. It was the first good curve I had seen all year, I fanned in fact he mowed us down pretty good, none of us had seen very good curves all year.

What is up with the new phrase snake jazz, everyone uses it. Does it just mean offspeed of curveball or what.