Whats your pitching velocity

so tell us how fast do you suppose you throw.
Me its high 70’s low 80’s (I’m in high school)

50 mph (11-12)

65 -16 yrs old…sad i know…

I’m at a consistent 78-79 right now, sophmore year.

Really excited to see what this offseason brings as I was at a consistent 75, and the velocity boost has a lot to do with mechanical tweaks, so I would believe I’ve got a lot of room to gain velocity from training.

Goal for the coming season is varsity rotation, and 83-84 consistent.

just turned 17, 90-92 mph, 6’6 210

wow Tanner, didn’t know you were throwing that hard.

How’s your status on moving up to the next level, any ideas of where you may be headed.

low 70’s -16 years old

How about me? I throw at low 60s and I just turned 18 :cry: (but I started pitching and playing baseball just a year ago)

[quote=“centerfield2150”]wow Tanner, didn’t know you were throwing that hard.

How’s your status on moving up to the next level, any ideas of where you may be headed.[/quote]i’m still thinking of where i’m going to college, best choices are u of nebraska, u of minnesota, u of northern iowa, iowa western cc, indian hills cc, ndsu, and a couple other good d1 and cc’s

centerfield,
How old are you? Sophmores vary from 15yo to 17yo, with some still being 14yo at the moment. 15yo sophmore you are doing fairly well and your goal is not likely but not impossible, 16yo sophmore not bad but nothing special and your goal is extremely unlikely.

[quote=“Tanner Lorenz”][quote=“centerfield2150”]wow Tanner, didn’t know you were throwing that hard.

How’s your status on moving up to the next level, any ideas of where you may be headed.[/quote]i’m still thinking of where i’m going to college, best choices are u of nebraska, u of minnesota, u of northern iowa, iowa western cc, indian hills cc, ndsu, and a couple other good d1 and cc’s[/quote]

Wow, those are some pretty big schools.

**Criticism is welcome, I’m sure that people will disagree with my thought process I’m just so pumped for next season I’ve never felt like I’ve had so much potential for improvement period.

Sorry for this rediculous lenth of this post, I just wanted to explain my whole thought process.

[quote=“CADad”]centerfield,
How old are you? Sophmores vary from 15yo to 17yo, with some still being 14yo at the moment. 15yo sophmore you are doing fairly well and your goal is not likely but not impossible, 16yo sophmore not bad but nothing special and your goal is extremely unlikely.[/quote]

I’m a true sophmore, 15 yo.

I’ll put this in early in the case you don’t feel like reading the whole post, I’d understand, lol:

I realize if you look at it from one season to the next that is 8 mph or so, but I don’t look at it like that because I was missing two key parts to really maximize ones velocity. (Hip/Shoulder separation and external rotation weren’t close to what they should be)

I realize my goal isn’t necessarily the “norm”, but I’m shooting high and I realize that, but I’d rather shoot high because I get more motivation.

As far as velocity I like my chances of reaching said goal because:

For one, I have been way below average weight for my height. I’m starting to gain weight and I think that alone will help me a touch. I also probably physically developed a bit later than other kids. Never hit a huge growth spurt (6’), but doctor said a couple months ago my growth plates were still open. I still don’t shave but once a week, if that.

I swear everyday that I go out and throw a bullpen it feels better and better.
I’ve gotten a jump of velocity early this offseason from mechanics and still haven’t perfected my mechanical tweaks.

And as far as training, I know I’m bustin my butt. I want to gain as much as I possibly can this offseason Seriously I moved, it’s been impossible to meet people, I don’t have that much to do but train for baseball, lol.

Ok so let me just give you my offseason math:
It would be reasonable to expect a bit more speed than suggested from any of the methods of development. It could be less, but I just don’t feel like that is likely seeing that one can often gain a couple mph without any baseball work in the offseason

79mph:
+1mph from furthering my mechanics
+1mph simply getting older
+1/2mph weight gain

That alone would set me at 81.5, honestly I’d be happy with that, but I’m trying to push my improvement for this offseason to the limits.

So 81.5: now to weight training and weighted baseball program.
In the gym I’m adding more weight to the bar every week, and getting more explosive. Making myself more athletic could add a couple mph alone.

Then there is weighted ball over/under training, which I am confident in it’s effectiveness.
The average results of probably the most well known study on highschool and college pitchers was a gain of 6-8%, that’s simply the average too.
Also Coach Kreber did a study or two on it, and all his guys yielded solid results. I will definately say I am expecting some results from training o/u weighted ball training.

So in review of my thought process I actually don’t think that goal is that far from reach, I mean at my age, its expected to get a couple mph just because your getting older. So 4-5mph with the effort I have been and plan to put forth, I think it is both reasonable and reachable.

I prefer to reach for the unlikely, because average isn’t going to get me to places I’d like to reach.

As far as varsity rotation, 84mph is generally considered pretty solid for varsity unless your stacked with senior pitchers.
I look at that I’ve always pitched like a control pitcher, using movement, chaning speeds, and out thinking the hitter. So couple that with solid, velocity and I think I’m in good shape.

((Edited some poor grammar to make it easier to understand))

Honestly I have no clue about my velocity. People say around 70 and I’m 15. 70 is just a guess but I’m not sure.

Centerfield2150: hope ya reach the goal. I want to add mph to my velocity to but I’m doing fall ball and that starts this saturday so I was hoping that would help. Anyway seems like your weight gaining n training might add some mph to your velocity to.

71-74 im in 7th grade hoping to hit 80 by next season

70-72 and im 16

I was missing two key parts to really maximize ones velocity. (Hip/Shoulder separation and external rotation weren’t close to what they should be)

wat is external rotation?

I am consistently at 80-82 topping out at 84, I am 16 years old, Junior. I think I am on a decent pace. Tanner, good luck in college, I would like to see you at Nebraska, OU fan, it would be cool to see you on TV.

85-88. Does anyone ever have that sort of day when it feels like you can throw 100?

im a junior and i throw 77-79mph side-arm but that was four months ago so i dont know what it is now, i just started my off-season program so i hope to see some good results i hope to be hitting low 80s by this coming season

I can throw near the 100s.

But that is in kilometers per hour :lol: