Whats wrong with my mechanics?

Evertime i pitch I end up sometimes not even facing the catcher after my release point for the momentum of my arm. I ussaully end up facing 1st. why does this happen and how can i fix it?

Can you get some video posted so we can see what you mean?

[quote=“baseballplaya92104”]Evertime i pitch I end up sometimes not even facing the catcher after my release point for the momentum of my arm. I ussaully end up facing 1st. why does this happen and how can i fix it?[/quote]We cannot really help you without some sort of picture, or the best thing is video…

There are a number of potential causes but, like the others have said, we need to see some video to determine the actual cause.

This isn’t necessarily bad. It could mean that you’re doing a good job of following through in your delivery.

However, it could also be due to a very sidearm delivery and/or flying open with the glove.

Make sure you are planting your stride leg correctly.

Like everyone else said, it’d be easier if you have a video/ picture of what your talking about. But if I’m reading correctly you may have the same problem that Oliver Perez has had in the past few years (just one example). On the follow through you seem to be swinging your body too. If you want to stop doing that try slowing down your motion first. You need to finish in good fielding position. Keep on doing that, but speed up a bit everytime and see if you could finish better.

How will slowing down help him throw better? As Tanner pointed out in another thread, when he practices at a slower than game pace, his mechanics are good but, when cranking it up to game intensity, he finds those mechanics break down. You get good at what you practice. Now, I’m not suggesting that slower practice should be completely eliminated. As others have noted, you can better get used to a new movement if you slow it down. Just make sure that game intensity practice is your real meat and potatoes re: practice. That’s what transfers. The slow stuff doesn’t always.

I didn’t say he should exclusivley practice at a slow pace. I said he should speed up a bit progressively as he continues to practice. I also didn’t say it helps you throw better, I said it helps you get in better fielding position. But like you said, stuff doesn’t always work out for everyone, I was just throwing a suggestion out there.