Whats the difference in armslots?

i was throwing in the fall and had a much higher arm slot (my ball had a vertical rotation to it) and had to lay it dwon becuase of arm problems.
now ive picked it back up for the season and my ball has a “near” sideway rotation to it. i was throwing MUCH harder with my overhead (fall) rotaiotn of the ball and ive been litterally trying to make my ball rotate vertical since then but no matter how much i try to at long distances (when i actually throw the ball not lobb it) it goes sideways.

whats causing this and what can i do to get my higher arm slot back. (my arms been hurting in the shoulder now that ive been doing this low armslot crap)

does will a higher arm slot let you maximize the amount of downward momentum and force as opposed to the low armslot?

[quote=“workhorse”]whats causing this and what can i do to get my higher arm slot back. (my arms been hurting in the shoulder now that ive been doing this low armslot crap)

does will a higher arm slot let you maximize the amount of downward momentum and force as opposed to the low armslot?[/quote]

Arm slot is driven by how much you tilt your shoulders at the release point.

You sure your shoulder is sore from a change in arm slot as opposed to something else?