This?

Monday- Quads/Hips
Tuesday- Biceps/Upperback
Wednesday- Sprints
Thursday- Hamstrings/Lowerback/Shoulders
Friday- Triceps/Chest
Saturday- Sprints
Sunday- Dayoff

Or this? (I sort of just came up with this one from the info Ive read about when u work your tris, work your bi’s, and when work your quads, work your hams)

Monday- Quads/Hamstrings
Tuesday- Biceps/Triceps
Wednesday- Sprints
Thursday- Hips/Lowerback/Abs
Friday- Upperback/Shoulders/Chest
Saturday- Sprints
Sunday- Dayoff

Background info- Age 16, 5’8, 152 lbs, I have been lifting weights.

So which workout do you guys think is better for me to get ready for baseball?

I prefer the first one.

I do not like the second because I don’t like people separating opposite muscles for different days, and really if your doing squats or deadlifts your going to use both quads and hamstrings anyways.

The third one is ok, but I think there is a waste of gym time. I don’t see it necessary to devote a day to the core. If you do heavy compound lifts your core will get a solid amount of work. You can do some auxilary core work at the end of your workout if you want, but I don’t think it is necessary to devote a whole day.
I think you’ll have a lot of muscles crossing over days via compound lifts so you might as well just do upper body, lower body routine that you suggested first.

I have been doing the first one you suggested with the exception of adding lower body plyo’s on upper body day. I’ve liked the spacing having enough rest time so it’s worked quite well.

You only have one rest day? Can you post the routine that you’ll probably be doing? As in what exercises you’ll be doing on each day?

I think it would be more benefiical if you just did one body part per week, instead of 2, and inorportated more rest days into your routine.

You could do something like Chest/tri, back/bi, off, sprints, leg/shoulders, off, off, repeat.

Or switch it up and do back/bi, off, chest/tri, sprints, legs/shoulders, off, sprints, repeat.

That would be done, monday, wed, thursday, friday, and sunday if you want to perform another sprinting workout. With this you’ll have 2 days rest, and possibly 3 depending on whether or not you add the other sprinting workout.

The first routine you have posted isn’t bad, but in my mind, you’ll probably be overtraining. 6 days of working out without rest-training experience? I know people who do this, but usually there isolating a different muscle on each day of the week.

That was what has worked for me, I keep my workouts nice and quick. Also sprinting and plyo’s aid, and really sprints don’t make me sore typically so although it’s not a true “off day” it isn’t as demanding as going to the gym.

(sets isn’t in stone, I tweak it depending on how I feel, generally more than less)
Monday:

Squats: 6 sets of 6, and then I pyriamid up the weight at the end.
Lunges: 4 sets of 8
Seated Calf Raises: 4 sets of 10

Tuesday:

Power Clean: 4 sets of 6
Dumbell Bench Press: 4 sets of 8
Bent Rows: 4 sets of 8
Hammer Curl: 3 sets of 10
Skull Crusher: 3 sets of 8
Dips: 4 sets to failure

Plyo’s are : Depth Jump 10x2, Lateral Jump 10x2, Hops 10x2, Tuck Jumps 10x2, Squat jumps 10x2 (100 foot strikes)

Wednesday:

Sprints
A few warm up 60’s
Then usually 8 at full speed and either a few 100’s or 40’s.

Thursday:
Deadlift: 6 sets of 6, then pyramid up at the end.
Lunges: 4 sets of 8
Standing calf raises: 4 sets of 10

Friday:

Repeat of Tuesday, may replace power clean with clean and jerk once season completely ends (in summerball, things are slow, but don’t wanna make changes quite yet)

Saturday:
Thus far I haven’t been using as a sprint day, but as soon as the season ends it will become one.

Personally, when I was doing one leg day, trying to hit squats and deadlifts in the same day just didn’t work at all. Whichever was second wouldn’t be done very well, and I would end up extremely sore for a few days rather than soreness 24 to 48 hours doing 2 a week.
Basically if I tried to just drill a muscle group once a week I end up being overly sore for to long.

EDIT:
I thought I should note that one of my goals is speed, thus the extra sprinting and plyo’s, otherwise I would be taking wednesday of completely, and saturday as well, and not do sprinting until much close to next spring.

Centerfield, how are your recovery times, do you ever feel stiff when pitching? If not, well, then good luck with the rest of your season!

I’m usually sore the next morning when I get up, but at baseball I’m fine once I get a pole or two jogged. The second morning I may feel a bit of tightness but usually it isn’t all that much. I’m progressing and have been more or less fully functional at baseball on my lifting schedule. Now I made a huge mistake last fall, I lifted around 4 with a pitching lesson at 6, that was stupid, couldn’t hit anything because I had no stability.

Are you still playing? Is the inseason or offseason? That first workout is fine for offseason. I usually suggest two full body workouts per week inseason and I don’t include single joint exercises like curls and tricep ext.