What would you do

I play on the 13 year old all-star team for my county. As some of you may know from reading my other arcticle, I am having trouble with speed on my fastball (going from 60-65 MPH to around 40-45 MPH).Because of the loss of speed on my fastball i have started to use a curveball. I know that this is a bad thing for my age so I’m questioning what i should do in my game on this thursday(I’m going to pitch). If i can’t get my fastball back to speed then i will find myself in trouble. So should i use the curveball, use only my (slow)fastball and change-up, or something else??

Just stick with the fastball. Remember back when you were throwing good. Try to remember all the things that you did while throwing good and do them again. You gotta trust your stuff and have confidence with it. Spend some time throughout the week and right before the game visualizing (from your perspective, not as a spectator) yourself throwing good fastballs right where you want them to go. Going through your delivery, the ball leaving your hand just right. The more detailed your visualizing, the more effective it will be. Thoughts lead to action. Then, on gametime thursday, go out there and put those thoughts into action.

I viewed all the pics from my game while i was on the mound and my mechanics look the same. Could there be any other reason why my pitch is slowing down that much? could it just be that my arm is tired from completing 2 seasons in a row (junior high then babe ruth)?or do you really think its just me not THINKING i can throw regular speed?

It’s hard to say considering I’ve never seen you pitch. But, being 13 years old I take it or somewhere near that? you might be worn down. When I was that age, there was only one league in my area and we only played 12 games a year, so I don’t know.

But if it is a mental thing, it can’t hurt to try the visualizing. Either way, if your worn down, the curve would probably make that even worse.

i think youre jsut being overworked.
I played on my cities all star team–i was the ace.
Right now i clock in at 70, but back then my tops were 65.
however it was a do or die game and our pther pitchers were really bad, so i had the nod for the entire game. I lost a LOT of speed near the end (i was down to about 45–good thing i have a sinker) because i was just being overworked, plain and simple. I threw over 150 pitches that game. I never intend to do it again.

Just relax try not to do too much with your arm

[quote=“Shaggy”]i think youre jsut being overworked.
however it was a do or die game and our pther pitchers were really bad, so i had the nod for the entire game. I lost a LOT of speed near the end (i was down to about 45–good thing i have a sinker) because i was just being overworked, plain and simple. I threw over 150 pitches that game. I never intend to do it again.

Just relax try not to do too much with your arm[/quote]

Thats exactly whats going on. I pitched every game for our team this season. It was 12 games. Then we had babe rtuh… which i pitched 2 or 3 outta the 5 games, and now all-stars… ive pitched in all our all-star games(3)

[quote=“DCM11Baseball”][quote=“Shaggy”]i think youre jsut being overworked.

Just relax try not to do too much with your arm[/quote]

Thats exactly whats going on. I pitched every game for our team this season. It was 12 games. Then we had babe rtuh… which i pitched 2 or 3 outta the 5 games, and now all-stars… ive pitched in all our all-star games(3)[/quote]

That’s your problem then. It sounds like you’re being extremely overused. You need to take a break, you can’t worry about some idiot coach wanting to use a pitcher every game just to get wins.