What To do When Shoulder hurts!HELP PLEASE!

after last weeks of pitching, i pitched 7 innings and that last inning i felt my shoulder hurting. This pain has happened to me before, and at this time of year.
what i think about this situation is that im so tired i drag my arm and it hurts my shoulder.
now throwing across the diamond from 3rd base isnt easy. my arm is irritating me. and i dont want it to hurt by when i go to the miami university CAMP.
what should i do to recover from this.
i really need help. :shock:

What I believe you should do is make sure to ice it for about 20 minutes everyday, especailly after pitching any amount of innings. Also, if there are any pain medicines that you have such as Motrin or Ibuprofein, take one pill of those perhaps everyday if you have to. To strengthen the rotator cuff, use the
http://www.asmi.org/SportsMed/throwing/thrower10.html
(Thrower’s Ten). Do that first before you put the ice on your arm. Also, let your coach know that your arm hurts. Don’t try and tough it out. The coaches want you to be honest with them and they won’t know unless you tell them. Last thing, if it hurts during your warm-ups, listen to your arm for how far and how long you should throw.

1. Thrower’s Ten
  2. Icing and pain medicine (Pain medicine optional)
  3. STRETCHING and A GOOD RUN
  4. Warm-up throws
  5. Tell your coach how your arm feels

I’ve had some pretty bad pain in my elbow the last month or so and doing this really helped me. I hope that it helps you as well :slight_smile:

[quote=“navarro_34”]after last weeks of pitching, i pitched 7 innings and that last inning i felt my shoulder hurting. This pain has happened to me before, and at this time of year.
what i think about this situation is that im so tired i drag my arm and it hurts my shoulder.
now throwing across the diamond from 3rd base isnt easy. my arm is irritating me. and i dont want it to hurt by when i go to the miami university CAMP.
what should i do to recover from this.
i really need help. :shock:[/quote]

If its a recurring thing, it might be best to see a doctor (sports doctor). You cannot be too careful when it comes to your arm health.

if you are lets say 17 or younger, especially 11-14, then it may be a growth plate injury… like what I have. maybe little leaguers shoulder.

If we don’t know that Motrin and Ibuprofein are the same thing we should not be Rx it to someone over the internet. Especially with a dosage suggestion of ONE PILL, as if they all come the in the same dosage.

Ideally you would want to ice more than once a day for 20min.