What to do and nervous and scared

Well maybe next week varsity practice starts and I’m nervous that when i get called on to throw a bullpen i won’t deliver and well not get a spot in the rotation and be lowered to…catcher :frowning: . What can i do to get ready for practice and what can i do to get noticed and hopefully get a spot in that rotation or bullpen

Go in there and kick ass. That’s all you gotta worry about.

It’s only natural that you’d feel this way. You want to do your best and doing your best is all that can be expected.

On the other hand the unknown - make it or not, is what’s really got you going here. So, that part is out of your control - the decision process that is. So, give it all you got. Tell yourself there’s nothing more than you can do than show courage and deliver your best stuff. Hey, look at it this way — no one has told you to stay away, … right? you know how to pitch, you know what a club expects of its pitching staff, you have an excellent site here with guys like SPENCER and others that will be there for you … and don’t forget ROGER, JDFROMFLA, LAFLIPPIN, STEVEN, HAMMER. Oh, I almost forgot to mentioned the good look’n one - me.

You just tuck you glove into your school bag, show up and think of this as just one step in many towards a great baseball life!!

Best wishes on your tryout,
Coach B.

[quote=“Coach Baker”]… Oh, I almost forgot to mentioned the good look’n one - me. …
Coach B.[/quote]

If you’re the good look’n one then I’m a god. People look at me and are blinded by my godly looks.

I’m thinkin you are confused by what they mean when they look at you and say…"Oh God!" but thats ok there is someone for you in this wide world…I suggest you inquire where the buses are short and conversation shallow…like uhhhhhh…or errrrrrr or in the words of Carlos Mencia…detedeeeh. Perhaps some lame girl will have mercy on you…or the famous Green Cove profile…6-60 , blind, crippled or crazy…Where cousin just keeps it in the family…who needs all them pesky chromeosones…

Hey Spence, I hear there’s a pretty girl down in Arkinsaw what even has a tooth! Might could be just yo’ type. ‘specially if she’s some of yo’ kin folk. :shock:

You folk need grammar classes. :roll:

Ahh yes gentleman…the anatomy of a well crafted dis :smiley:

You’ll note our subject…the mighty Spencer is reduced to mumbling some drivel about grammer…not even a weak “I know you are but what am I”…or for those New Yorkers a…“Yo momma”…no taking what appeared as an unimpeachable amopunt of Spencer bragging and turning it back upon his unsuspecting self…we hit with very obvious glee…the unexpecting target who has opened an obvious can of worms…Of course the complimentary follow on slam at Arkansas…repleat with resident spelling simply reduced said Spencer to a quivering puddle of goo…
at least a 8.9 on the “Don Rickles Scale”

[color=blue][i]If you’re the good look’n one then I’m a god. People look at me and are blinded by my godly looks.

You’re only as efficient as your worst mechanic. You’re only as strong as your weakest link.

jdfromfla
Administrator

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 Post subject:

I’m thinkin you are confused by what they mean when they look at you and say…“Oh God!” but thats ok there is someone for you in this wide world…I suggest you inquire where the buses are short and conversation shallow…like uhhhhhh…or errrrrrr or in the words of Carlos Mencia…detedeeeh. Perhaps some lame girl will have mercy on you…or the famous Green Cove profile…6-60 , blind, crippled or crazy…Where cousin just keeps it in the family…who needs all them pesky chromeosones…

Roger
Administrator

Posted: Jan 30, 2008 Post subject:

Hey Spence, I hear there’s a pretty girl down in Arkinsaw what even has a tooth! Might could be just yo’ type. ‘specially if she’s some of yo’ kin folk.

Spencer
Hall of Fame

Posted: Jan 31, 2008 Post subject:

You folk need grammar classes. [/i] [/color]

:rofl2:

back on subject please

Kaz,

I think your worst enemy is most likely going to be you. What you need to do is go out there with confidence. And to help with that, you simply need to go in feeling prepared. So, between now and then, I would suggest throwing short bullpens more frequently.

Also, if you get into your tryouts and find yourself getting nervous, remember to take a deep breath a blow it out to help relax yourself.

thanks thats the best advice i read on this topic i have a pitching lesson Saturday I’ll pretend I’m throwing at team practice and work on staying calm and not to force anything just to be relaxed and smooth

Just grab your sack and do your best

I think if you express your love of what you do, it will all work out. Your entire op was stressed out…reread it, how are you going to pitch thinking like that? You go out there and claim your spot. It’s your spot and you are the one who won’t let anyone else have it…Baseball/pitching is desire. Claim it.
Blow off some steam, laugh a little and then show em when you need to. :wink:
To quote the movie “Stripes”…“Lighten up Francis” :smiley:

yeah dude this is where all that hard work pays off. You have been working your as s off more than most people on your team, and this is where you get to show people what you are made of. Nothin to be nervous about, it’s your O2E. Opportunity to Excel. That’s my coach’s motto, write it on the underside of your hat it will help you focus in games.

SPENCER posted…
If you’re the good look’n one then I’m a god. People look at me and are blinded by my godly looks.

So, I had some research done … and guess what !!!

Hmmmmmm … well what do ya know, it does say SPENCER IS SO GOOD LOOK’N… and then it says under SPENCER… see god!!!

You know, I’ve only been saying that since it was put in the dictionary.

:wink:

i was thinking just like you this week. im on JV and pitch. this week we had a intersquad with varsity and i was nervous i wasnt going to “deliver” either. One of the varsity guys told me, “don’t think, just go out there and do it because if you think youre gonna do bad, you are” so just go out there man. I actually ended up surprising the guys and the coach with my speed and “uncle charly”. I ended up starting our first game where i did pretty decent.

Everybody who has ever walked up that little hill has been nervous. After all everyone is looking at you to start every play.

1. Conscentrate on your mechanics. This occupies your mind.
  2. Throw all your pitches in warm up-to get a dry run.
  3. A little anger never hurts. Take something that ticked you off recently and use it. This activates the fight or fight response- on the mound you can’t run very far, so fight is your only option.
  4. Conscentrate on the mitt.
  5. Your catcher is your friend, listen to and believe in him.
  6. Develope a routine. I used to walk around in a 1/4 of the pitchers mound (learned by watching “Cactus” Jack Billingham) and always approached the rubber form the back.
  7. You must believe in you! If you dont, you better find a diffferent game other than baseball. Ian

Comments below:

1. Conscentrate on your mechanics. This occupies your mind.
    Baloney…thats for the bullpen, be an athlete !

2. Throw all your pitches in warm up-to get a dry run.
    Ok

3. A little anger never hurts. Take something that ticked you off recently and use it. This activates the fight or fight response- on the mound you can’t run very far, so fight is your only option.
    Controlled anger can provide energy…show POISE !

4. Conscentrate on the mitt.
    Focus on the target and turn it loose

5. Your catcher is your friend, listen to and believe in him.
    Have a plan and stick to it, even if it goes against the catchers calls.

6. Develope a routine. I used to walk around in a 1/4 of the pitchers mound (learned by watching “Cactus” Jack Billingham) and always approached the rubber form the back.
    Whatever works…but work fast or you’ll loose your defense.

7. You must believe in you! If you dont, you better find a diffferent game other than baseball.
    True Dat !