What to do after Pitching 100 pitches

Hey guys whats up. I just pitched 100 pitches on the weekend and got the win.

Anyways i was wondering what i should now the following day.

Its wednesday now. But on monday and tuesday i threw a 30 pitch bullpen and today i can barely throw 10 pitches and my arm hurts.

I want to make sure my arms healthy but i don’t want to just still around and do nothing.

Can i still long toss or do something. Can i long toss monday, wednesday and friday after i pitched 100 pitches on the weekend or what should i do.

Is their anything i can do in order to stay strong. I don’t want to be sitting around all week doing nothing.

Do some distance running, some type of aerobic workout to try and help drain the lactic acids built up from your weekend of continuous anearobic activity.

okay dude thanks bro. So like is 5 miles good.

I heard that you don’t want to do long distance running too often because it affects your fast twitch muscles. But i was thinking maybe if i did 5miles on monday as well as 10 short sprints and some medium sprints.

Its the summer time and i might get a job. But i really realy want to just workout all summer long all day all baseball. So i got some free time on my hands.

That should be more than plenty ya. You definitely don’t want to train yourself for distance running but it’s good to help drain those lactic acids so that you’re less sore.

You definitely have more endurance than me if you are considering 5 miles, I’m pooped after one.

Memo to baseball kid: You just may be doing too much! I know a lot of coaches advocate throwing every day, and that’s good, but after throwing 100 pitches in the course of a game you might be overdoing things. What I would suggest is that the day after throwing that many pitches in the course of a game you take the next day off, and then you could alternate—one day you just play catch for about twenty minutes, and the next day you can do a bullpen session. I know that you don’t like the idea of just sitting around doing nothing, but that really is the best thing you can do the day after doing strenuous pitching. And the day before your next start you can do a light bullpen, just throw all your pitches to see how they’re working for you.
I used to throw every day, but then I usually threw no more than 85 or 90 pitches in a game, and being I didn’t have a fast ball to speak of and had to go to the snake jazz, I never overexerted myself. And if I had to relieve between starts at any time, that counted as throwing every day. You’re probably throwing hard, and that is why I say that you might be overdoing things a little. Slow down. Take it easy. You’ll be doing your arm a favor. 8) :baseballpitcher:

okay dude thanks. Ya that would probaly be a good idea. Can i still long toss tuesday and thursday.

Also can i still weightlift monday wendesday and friday on my legs.

and tuesday and thursday would be core. Would that be okay. With bullpens on tuesday and thursday.

okay dude thanks. Ya that would probaly be a good idea. Can i still long toss tuesday and thursday.

Also can i still weightlift monday wendesday and friday on my legs.

and tuesday and thursday would be core. Would that be okay. With bullpens on tuesday and thursday.