What the!

I pitched in my last 2 games and in both of them i could not keep the ball down and i was kinda all over the place. And i could definetly feel a loss in velocity. (maybe like -5 mph)

What could have caused this and what will help me get my accuracy back and the lost velocity?

I had my normal break on the ball but the hitters were just crushing the pitches.

Also i have another question.

What should a 13 yr 155 pound 5 8 kid be pitching(velocity)?

Well first, you should chill out a little cause you will be alright. Were you tired? Was your arm hurting? There are just some days that you are on and there are some days you arent. I was always told that 1/3 of the time your stuff will suck, 1/3 of the time your stuff will be average, and 1/3 of the time you will be good. It is all about what you do with what you have that day that makes people great.

If your arm was hurting or sore or something, give it a break and go back later to adjust stuff. If not, you should start by breaking down your mechanics.

As far as velocity, I would say that you should probably be around 70? I am not really sure tho, it has been a while since i have seen 13 year olds play.

[quote=“Sunsetblud”]I was always told that 1/3 of the time your stuff will suck, 1/3 of the time your stuff will be average, and 1/3 of the time you will be good. It is all about what you do with what you have that day that makes people great.
As far as velocity, I would say that you should probably be around 70? I am not really sure tho, it has been a while since i have seen 13 year olds play.[/quote]

Okay first power pitcher its okay to be upset about your start no need to worry though because if you are good you will bounce back quickly and be back on top.

A few quotes that i underlined though. NO your stuff shouldn’t be 1/3 suck, 1/3 average, 1/3 good. That is not true. You get what you put into it. If you practice hard every day and have a good 5 days routine. (Like weightlifting, long toss, bullpens, rubber band tubing, core workout, back workouts.) and mechanics refinement. Then you should be good all the time. If you say that you are 1/3 suck, average, good. That means that you are only putting 33 percent effort into being good which is dumb. You should put 100 percent into being good.

LOLL a 13 year old throwing 70mph. LOL. Somebody sign that kid up. No i would say the average would probaly be 55-60mph with good control. I was an absolute beast on my team with my over powering fastball. I was 15 throwing 75mph average and i hit 79mph a few times. So ya i would say that 70mph is not average. 55-60mph is average.

Anyways just keep up the good work.
Sunset blud didn’t mean to insult you or anything just trying to help power pitcher out a bit.

Ok so i was just having “one of those days” i guess.

Because my arm wasnt sore and it didnt hurt.

I dont have a work out program.
Could you point me in the direction of a good one?

ya dude their are quite a bit of workout plans. Mine is pretty focus on weight lifting throughout the year. Some people say you should only do it in the offseason. But i keep gaining velocity so its all good.

When i pitched in high school i would have some horrid days were i could not throw a strike for the world. Just a little into my 10th grade year i figured out it was the mound. It was that simple. Some mounds had deep groves dug out in front of the rubber. I was so focused on how my foot was coming off or if i should just put my food on the rubber or just in front and push off. It was mostly subconscious thinking. So much of your in game performance comes partly from your train of thought, nervousness, and/or mood if that makes any since to you. If you cant focus it effects you a lot.

Sounds like you just had a bad day dude. Just remember when you’re off you just need to get back to the basics and forget about velocity or nasty stuff. Just locate and mix speeds, that’s all you can really do and trust me if you throw enough strikes and mix speeds around the hitters will get themselves out, it’s true, you ever watch big league batting practice?

The BP pitcher just throws strikes and mixes speeds and location, sometimes the hitter gets a hold of a few but a lot of times they hit fly outs and ground outs. When you have days like that just pitch to contact.

Baseball kid, I guarantee you that you dont have your stuff every day. I was saying that you cant expect to have your best stuff every day. If you are throwing like crap one day, dont automatically think there is something wrong with you. Some people just have bad days. If you are perfect, I am sorry for disrespecting such a prophet in baseball… But your not, so climb down off your podium and join everyone else.

An example, there were days back in my junior senior year where I could hit 94 mph… Then there were days where I would feel just as amazing, but not even be able to skim over 87. There are just those days…

how do you have days where you could throw 94mph to days where you could only throw 87mph.

7mph difference in one day. LMFAO.

Seriously thats not true. It takes people like 1 year to gain 7mph but because you are having an off day you lose 7mph. Nope not going to fly. I call bullshit. Unless you suffered a severe injury or something like that. But still if you can throw 94mph and you are having an off day i could see you maybe throwing 91mph.

Work hard every day(or whenever you practice) put 100 effort in. That will translate to about 100 percent efficiently on the mound. IF YOU PUT THE EFFORT IN YOU WILL SEE RESULTS. YOU JUST GOT TO WORK ON IT.

Of course your not going to have your stuff every single time. But still you should have your stuff at least 90 percent of the time.

Also dude i am like everyone else do i don’t think i am the best baseball pitcher in the world. I Work hard every day and i see results on the field.

I hate people who say that they had an off day because of a Umpire, or “i hate my ball glove, cause you dropped a ball.”

Seriously work hard and you will see results.
If you screw up take responsibilty and say that you need to correct something. Excuses will only get you so far. Just accept responsibility and you will get better

You obviously havent gotten very far in baseball. No matter how hard you work in life, you will have off days. I was buzzing low 90’s, so you would be a fool to say I was out of shape or didnt work hard. There are just days that you dont have it. That is the truth. Even pro pitchers admit to having off days. If you talk to any pro pitcher, you would be shocked to know how many of the days they dont have all there stuff. At max, a pro player usually has 2 of their pitches working well that day. Whether it means that dont have the gas, they dont have as much break on their curve, or their change isnt effective… It happens. You could work as hard as you want, you WILL have off days. I dont know how you could even tell people that they could be perfect if they work hard. How many perfect pitchers do you know?

You should just be glad you have never had to hit against me. I would gladly prove you wrong on the mound. BTW I am a hitter too, so i know I have faced good pitchers before who have had off days.