what should i do?

i asked this question already but noone would answer so i am asking again. there is a major league scouting bureau tryout in my city this monday in which all 30 teams scouts will be present. i recently converted to submarine because my fastball just isnt good enough for the next level. i am 19 years old. im able to throw pretty well at about 4 inches off the ground but im not sure if i should do the tryout. what should i do?

1.) should i pitch at the tryout with what i am able to do? (4 and 2 seam fastball but hardly any movement and a changeup.

or

2.) do not participate in the tryout and work on throwing for the next few years but develop photos of my throwing style and show to scouts at the tryout on monday. i would plan on talking to them about the style in hopes to get their attention and hopefully something good comes out of it in the next few years. i really just want to grab their attention at my style.

what should i do?

i’m going to be hitting the weightroom hard for awhile strengthening my legs abs and forearms. just to get my self in best condition possible for throwing. i just feel i should be as prepared as i’m going to be for any type of tryout.

I would try out. Im pretty sure the people there will be helpful and tell you what to workon and not to mention that it would just be a good experience overall for you in the future

heres my style of throwing. would it be smart to get some photos developed of my style if i get a chance to talk to some scouts? not necessarily about signing but just talking to them in general?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95098475@N00/545837586/

Well if you just switched it wouldnt be soo great to tryout. Scouts attend to find talent and skilled players.

If you are just learning then keep working on it. And i am also sure they wont give you advice. they are there to scout.

I tried out for a pro league here in NJ

I was the youngest guy there 18 yrs old
Throwing about 87 88 mph when ex pros were hitting 96 97

I looked like a fool but wasnt because i came prepared and struck out 2 hitters a picked off one.

Yet i didnt get picked!!! oh well

If you have to pay then dont do it.
But if your satisfied with the stuff you got

SHOOT FOR THE SKY

now if i didnt try out. would it be smart to show up and talk to some of the scouts about my delivery and such? like possible have some photos developed and show them? i’d like to get some interest as early as possible. thanks

[quote=“RawTalent”]Well if you just switched it wouldnt be soo great to tryout. Scouts attend to find talent and skilled players.

If you are just learning then keep working on it. And i am also sure they wont give you advice. they are there to scout.

I tried out for a pro league here in NJ

I was the youngest guy there 18 yrs old
Throwing about 87 88 mph when ex pros were hitting 96 97

I looked like a fool but wasnt because i came prepared and struck out 2 hitters a picked off one.

Yet i didnt get picked!!! oh well

If you have to pay then dont do it.
But if your satisfied with the stuff you got

SHOOT FOR THE SKY[/quote]

If you’re 18 and throwing inbetween 85-90, which you said you were (87-88), I can only assume you’re playing, or planning on playing, college ball. Why would you try out for a “pro leauge”? Do you mean indy league?