What should I do for offseason training

in regards to weights for upperbody? I basically train for 4 sports, badminton volleyball hockey and baseball to keep it in mind so i still want to get my upper body strength for hockey.
And I;m 15.
I do have weight room experience, and I will be starting a jump training program too for volleyball which will help out my core body strength and leg strength too.
My baseball is over because I live in alberta, canada, and I need to train for hockey still, because that ends middle of marchish, right when we start to get ready for baseball.

Lots of rows and pullups. Little to no overhead pressing with heavy weights. Limited benching. High pulls are good too.

High pullups?

High pull - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/OlympicLifts/HighPull.html

3 and O if you need a workout I have one that is similer to Tuff Cuff and would work you pretty good. If you want it just give me your email and I will send it ok.

right now im concentrating lots on the big three, deadlifts, pull ups, and squats.
thats not all im doing but thats what it concentrates around.
should i be doing a three day split?

right now im concentrating lots on the big three, deadlifts, pull ups, and squats.
should i be doing a three day split?[/quote]
I think I’m crying tears of joy. Great lifts to concentrate on!

As for the split, I’d go three days if you are doing fullbody workouts.

should i be doing a three day split?[/quote]
I think I’m crying tears of joy. Great lifts to concentrate on!

As for the split, I’d go three days if you are doing fullbody workouts.[/quote]
I’m taking that as a compliment.
and thanks. how should i split this up? i was thinking arms on monday, chest back on wednesday, and lowerbody on friday?
I’m not too sure how to split up the upperbody

Fullbody split means that you dont concentrate on a certain bodypart. Certain exercises will obviously target one group more than others (squats, for example) so you need to track your exercise selection and balance things out. So a workout would consist of about 8 exercises, give or take. In that you would have 4 upper emphasis, 4 lower. You’d also want to differentiate between push and pull.

An example would be…
Squats (lower push)
Deads (Lower pull)
Jumping squats (lower push)
High pulls (lower/upper pull)
Pushups (upper push)
pullups (upper pull)
Dip (upper push)
Bent Rows (upper pull)

You can obviously substitute exercises to make up your one workouts. I’d try to makeup 3 unique workouts with different variations on each lift - like bulgarian split squats, or one leg squats instead of normal barbell squats.

dude thats sick you got a badminton team… my sister played it for intramurals at college… lost liek 15-0 to like the badminton champs of india

For off season traning for baseball, volleyball and badimiton are great for the rotator cufff, good. And hockey is deffiently good for yor legs.

Okay KC I have tried to make a workout program
how does this sound for example, today

around 15 minutes of skipping/jogging/biking to warm up

then
Leg press 12 reps 2 sets
Leg Curl 12 reps 2 sets
Lat High pull down 12 reps 2 sets
Bent over row 12 reps 1 set

Dumbbell bench press 2 sets of 12 reps
Narrow grip lat pull down 2 sets of 12 reps
shrugs 12 reps at 2 sets
trivep extensions 12 reps 1 set
Bicep dumbell curls 12 reps 1 set
Standing cal faise 2 sets 30 reps

then some ab work on the roman chair.

then on the days inbetween monday- wednesday-friday I do plyometricts on tuesday and agility on thursday

my workout is kind of designed too build up a solid strength base before moving onto the heavier stuff.
I kind of have it mapped out to three phases, should take around 12 weeks to finish then I will move onto something else, I sort of made it primarily for hockey, going to add some more baseball benefitial excersizes in too.

Um… exercise selection leaves a lot to be desired.

I’d switch the following:
leg press -> squats
leg curls -> deadlifts
lat pulldown -> pullups
tricep extension -> closegrip pushups
bicep curls -> chinups

Some of the exercises might be foreign to you, but they are the best option. Since you are still 15, this is the perfect time to learn and practice these lifts now, rather than being forced to rely on the next best thing. The payoff over the long run, however, will be huge.

the closegrip pushups are way, way to easy now.
i have squats in there on a different day, and same with deadlifts
I specifically put in the leg curls because I had trouble with my quads and groin last baseball season, and my hamstrings aren’t very strong.

I’m wondering, do you think I should add in dumbell lunges on my other day? what are some other benefitial excersizes for the legs?

what are the most important muscles for a PITCHER to train and keep strong and healthy. list them in order of importance, then compare them to the lifts and exercise programs suggested on this thread.

are you training the right muscles? if not, how do you train them effectively?

[quote=“3and0”]the closegrip pushups are way, way to easy now.
i have squats in there on a different day, and same with deadlifts
I specifically put in the leg curls because I had trouble with my quads and groin last baseball season, and my hamstrings aren’t very strong.

I’m wondering, do you think I should add in dumbell lunges on my other day? what are some other benefitial excersizes for the legs?[/quote]

Lunges are good. You can also go with Bulgarian split squats, goblet squats, box step-ups for the quads and glute-ham raises and deadlift variations for the hamstrings.