What pitches

I was curious what pitches you all throw.

I throw four seamer, Knuckle Curve and Change up.

I throw a 4-seam fastball, 2-seam fastball, overhand curve (1-7ish), a circle change, and started throwing a slider this year.

4-seam
2-seam (tails)
2-seam sinker (sinks/tails 11-5, not consistent movement but noticable when there)

Curveball (between 12-6 & 1-7)

Variation of a circle change/palmball grip (my hands are still small)

4 seam
2 seam that sinks
circle change
knuckle ball-not effective but i throw it out of the zone so they chase
curveball-12-6 and 1-7
slider

My son started with a 4 seam and began throwing a knuckle curve with some nice break. He has since added a 2-seam. He struggled with a change until this fall when he was shown a forkball grip. He is still mastering control on it, but he gets some nice movement and a big decrease in speed. Then when he was working in the bullpen one day warming up the catcher told him to throw the fork like a fast ball. He closed down the fingers a bit and came hard and got, in the catchers words, “the nastiest pitch I ever saw”. He had developed a sinker.

The only bad thing is that the catcher called it in the game that night with a 1-2 count. The batter was fooled and swung but the pitch dove to the front of the plate and bounced straight over the catcher and umpires head. The batter ended up on 1b.

I throw a 4-seam fastball, curveball, and changeup.

i only threw the 4- seam fastball and a curveball (1-7 ) for the past season and i got along pretty well. i am working on my change-up, forkball and a slider. i didn’t use them because i am not yet confident enough about locating these pitches in the right spot. the all look good it’s just that my two pitches worked so well.

2 seam(11-5)
cutter
Circle change
Curve(2-8)

I don’t very often throw my curve and I sometimes throw a 4 seam if I need a strikeout or I throw it up in the zone if the hitter has a long swing

4 Seam fastball
2 Seam fastball
Curve (1-7)
Knuckle-Curve (Between 12-6 and 1-7)(Slower than Curve)
Circle Change (Has a little tail and drops)
Kind of trying to learn a Cutter for next season.

4 seam fastball sinks a little
curveball sharp and big breaking 1-7
straight change 9-10 mph off my fastball
splitter out pitch sharp break down ward
slider out pitch cant locate inside good break

Sinker
4 seam only when I need a strike
Circle Change
"Squeze" Change that drops a lot
and working on a curve

[quote=“ballfan55”]My son started with a 4 seam and began throwing a knuckle curve with some nice break. He has since added a 2-seam. He struggled with a change until this fall when he was shown a forkball grip. He is still mastering control on it, but he gets some nice movement and a big decrease in speed. Then when he was working in the bullpen one day warming up the catcher told him to throw the fork like a fast ball. He closed down the fingers a bit and came hard and got, in the catchers words, “the nastiest pitch I ever saw”. He had developed a sinker.

The only bad thing is that the catcher called it in the game that night with a 1-2 count. The batter was fooled and swung but the pitch dove to the front of the plate and bounced straight over the catcher and umpires head. The batter ended up on 1b.[/quote]
I don’t understand? like a 2 seam but iwth his fingers together between the seams?

Ha I threw a forkball last year and it got me 2 inings on varsity as a sophmore. Well when I threw it before the season one guy was like that was the nastiest pitch I have ever seen. Haha but I couldn’t control it that well. Man I kind of want to go back to throwing it but I’m not sure.

A kid threw a one hitter against our team. We weren’t amazing but that was his second 1 hitter of the year and that was the begining of the season too like first 5 games. All he threw was fastball forkball. and a curve occasionaly.

I was a snake-jazz pitcher, didn’t have a fast ball to speak of so I had to go to the breaking stuff early on. Here’s what I threw, in no particular order:
Slider (which I nicknamed “Filthy McNasty” because that was exactly what it was)—my strikeout pitch
Curve ball
Knuckle-curve
Palm ball (I liked to use it as a changeup)
“Slip” pitch—this was a slider thrown with a knuckleball grip
Circle change
I was a natural sidearmer, and I used the crossfire extensively
I also had something I called a “whoops” pitch because I didn’t know what else to call it; it turned out to be an 81MPH four-seam "fast ball"
Pretty good arsenal, and I had the control and command of all of them. 8) :baseballpitcher:

4-seam fastball basically straight
cut fastball moves 3-9
slider #1 sharp, late-breaking movement like E Santana’s
slider #2 big looper, almost almost like a curve
change-up palmball/3-finger grip, 11-5 movement

4-seamer
Spike Curve
Circle-Change

Working on
Sinker/or cutter

4 seam fb
2 seam fb