What pitcher would you compare yourself to?

Tell me what pitcher you are compared to? And tell me why. I mean by pitches and consistency. Not “Oh I’m like Scott Kazmir, because I throw the same speed as him”

I would compare myself to Tim Lincecum because I’m the same size as him and he weighs 5 pounds more then me. We also throw the same pitches. We also have no control over any of pitches (not a good thing.)

Hmm… either i’m randy johnson because i’m a tall, thin pitcher who throws sidearm to 3/4, is completely underweight, still can bring it, has a nasty slider(when i threw my slider, it was nasty). We both have problems with control too. Or i’m jake peavy. Undersized, flamethrower, moivement, slider.

I wouldn’t call Jake Peavy undersized.

I would compare myself to Tim Hudson and Roy Oswalt. Tim and Roy because they are undersized, as am I. Tim and my mechs are similar. Roy and myself move forward before the peak knee lift. They have good control. I have pretty good control. Tim and I have similar leg drive.

What’s all this talk about undersized? Does that make me oversized? Why can’t they just be small medium and large? The way you say it implies that you suck.

Edit: You’ve defeated yourself before you could even start.

I’m oversized vertically (6-1) for my age (13), but undersized horizontally (140lbs).

What’s all this talk about undersized? Does that make me oversized? Why can’t they just be small medium and large? The way you say it implies that you stink.

Edit: You’ve defeated yourself before you could even start.[/quote]

Why is that :frowning: ? All I did was compare myself to Roy and Tim.

EDIT: I was just comparing height and weight…I am only in the eighth grade and I know I’ll grow more.

Id compare myself to Matt Cain lol my fastball is pretty straight but will sometimes have that cut into a righty with out trying to. I throw a change like him not as good of course. Pretty good 12-6 Curve and 12-6 slider with that late short break. And our mechs are pretty with that high leg kick into my stomach. And i got that demeanor on the mound and dont show emotion and just let my pitching do the talking. Although im not 6’3 235 (im 6’0 175) but im only 17 so its all good

[quote=“andrewlandolfi”]

EDIT: I was just comparing height and weight…I am only in the eighth grade and I know I’ll grow more.[/quote]

Because of the way you talk.

[quote=“Spencer”][quote=“andrewlandolfi”]

EDIT: I was just comparing height and weight…I am only in the eighth grade and I know I’ll grow more.[/quote]

Because of the way you talk.[/quote]

What?

I’m derailing this thread into the Mental discussion forum. Sorry. I’d compare myself to… myself.

Oh, okay. Look at the name of this thread, what does it say? That’s what I did.

Can’t we all just get along. Nice comparison to yourself Spencer :smiley:

Tim Wakefield, Ray Dickey or Charlie Haeger for obvious reasons.

i dont know any pitchers that i could compare myself to