What is your pregame warmup?

Im just wanting to get some ideas of what you guys do for your pregame warmup, sometimes I leave the bullpen not feeling 100%.
thanks

[quote=“Baseball3”]Im just wanting to get some ideas of what you guys do for your pregame warmup, sometimes I leave the bullpen not feeling 100%.
thanks[/quote]

I was looking for something like that also. I have a game on Sunday to open up our season and would like to know how other pitchers get loose before games.

What I basically do is do some running to get the blood flowing. Then do some stretch and then start playing some catch (long toss) to get the arm a little bit more loose. Then after I’m feeling like the arm is getting ready I start to pitch to my catcher. I pitch something like 10 fastballs, and then try some changeups and curves, then 10 fastballs again, changeups and curve.

But I not always pitch with “game intensity” so I don’t tire my arm before getting to the game.
While I’m warming up, I focus a lot more on the control and on the release point and also on all those little things.

But I would like to share some thoughts on pre-game warm-up.

I throw about 45 pitches in the bullpen and try to simulate a game bcuz i would always struggle for the first inning or 2 so i like to feel like when i take the mound that im already into the game. also what do you struggle with when you take the mound?? control velocity off speed pitches??

I have a hard time to throw curveballs and offspeed pitches on the beginning of the game. Maybe because I don’t like to throw it that much when I’m warming up.

Alot of times I’ll feel great in the pen, throwing 91-92, then I get to the mound and stay around 86-87, when I feel like I havent changed a thing.
Sometimes Ill use weighted balls or long toss before a start. I just havent found any consistency.

sounds like a mental problem try to find one routine and stick with it till you get comfortable doing it over and over. its all about trial and error.