What is a Vulcan Change?

pitchking & kazmir say they throw it…WHAT IS IT??

there is an article on this site, you hold it like a two seam and split your middle finger and pinky finger like you would a splitter, then put your other fingers on the side of the ball, and pronate when you throw it, it should move down and sometimes like a screwball

I believe its also called a foshball.

It is a simple variation of a regular change up, and when thrown and controlled well, it is extremely effective.
It is so effective for me because It looks exactly like my 2 seam fastball, and that is the fastball i use most of the time (bcuz i only lose 1 or 2 mph, and get insane movement).
My personal Vulcan Change Looks like a 2 seasm fastball, and moves like a splitter/screwball (seriously, thats why i throw it). It dives sharply down and in on righties, and lefties might as well not even bother swinging at it.

I cant rly explain it, i would need to show you. BUT if you want to see how it is thrown, check the pitching articles section. There are 2 articles, one on how Gagne throws it, and one on how some old Pittsburgh guys threw it.

Sorry i cant be more help

[quote=“jamesh23”]there is an article on this site, you hold it like a two seam and split your middle finger and pinky finger like you would a splitter, then put your other fingers on the side of the ball, and pronate when you throw it, it should move down and sometimes like a screwball

I believe its also called a foshball.[/quote]

People with big hands(like myself) usually throw it by starting with a 2 seam grip and splitting the middle and ring finger over the seams, and hold the ball between them. It allows for more movement if you can control it, it is very hard to get the control aspect of that pitch down.

And a Foshball came after the Vulcan Changeup, but is almost identical in design.