What Does This Coach Mean?

A topic that routinely pops up on this site are questions related to the communication process between coach(s), player(s), and third parties (parents). Whether it be a coaching style, something said or demonstrated, or even a timing issue like second-hand remarks. Consequently, we often see as a title posting : What does this coach mean when he says …?
So, below I’ve summarized the basics of coaching pitchers. I hope this may clarify some of the approaches on the subject.

The topography of surface, environmental and other effects on linear motion, due to coordination and other multipliers, can leave equals that would otherwise compliment each other - opposing the vary topics covered during the coaching process. Muscular progression is by far not homogeneous to everyone, at various stages of life. Yet, with the gifted, progressive linear motion and other multipliers can advance faster than the assumed progress by the less gifted. The coaching process can accumulate, refine and otherwise interpret meaningful assistance and guidance to a broad spectrum of athletes only when the coaching members themselves understand the multiplier effects to liner and progressive motion.

Coach B,

That’s hilarious… sounds like a response my old man would have to constant questions of “What’s wrong with my door?” (We’re carpenters)

And how about those coaches who, when trying to explain how to throw certain pitches, get into all sorts of abstruse technical stuff? Are they just showing off their knowledge, or is it that they themselves don’t know what they’re talking about? The slider, for example. Actually, it’s rather a simple pitch, and one which when thrown correctly is easier on the arm and shoulder than, say, a curve ball. But you’ll get a coach who has to start getting technical and talking about all sorts of kinesiological minutiae—I don’t have to mention names, we all know whom I’m referring to—and often all he does is confuse the issue. When I learned the pitch, my instructor was a member of the Yankees’ Big Three rotation, and he put it in easily understandable terms: “Throw it like a curve, but roll your wrist, don’t snap it.” He showed me the off-center grip he used, demonstrated the wrist action, then handed me the ball and said “Go ahead, try it.” I got the hang of it in about ten minutes, and I spent all winter and part of the spring working on the pitch and refining it. It became my strikeout pitch.
There’s a number in the show “My Fair Lady” called “Why Can’t The English—” and it ends up with "Why can’t The English learn to speak?"
Q.E.D.

That’s hilarious… sounds like a response my old man would have to constant questions of “What’s wrong with my door?” (We’re carpenters)

BINGO!

That’s the point … if a youngster is trying to learn this craft … and that’s what pitching is … a craft, the process of communications and understanding is key.

Now I know there are many volunteers that give up a lot of valuable time to see to it that a lot of youngsters play ball - and I’m not knocking that. But assuming the title “coach” is more than just a place in time and a name that has little else going for it. Sure, be there for the youngsters and show leadership. Be there for the youngsters that wouldn’t have baseball without you. Be there to be reasonable with the well being of the youngsters under your charge - not the win-win mentality and braging rights of your own image.

Special thanks to Zita Carno (ladies first) and CSamuel for their response. It was exactly what I was looking for.

Coach B.