What do you throw?

i throw

4-seam
forkball
curveball

my out pitch is the forkball which i throw about 70 percent of the time.

I throw:

Cutter
2 seam
4 seam
12-6 Curveball
Working on a circle change

[quote=“Shane”]I throw:

Cutter
2 seam
4 seam
12-6 Curveball
Working on a circle change[/quote]

i think you should drop the 4-seamer and go cutter-2seam-curve-change-up so that nothing would come out straight out of your hand. oh and by the way i doubt you throw a cutter its probably a slider. i throw a forkball and sometimes it kinds of cuts like a cutter would but i can get it to break a lot.

Yeah, thats basically what i do, 4 seam is just on high fastballs, i don’t really use it all that much.

And yes, i do throw a cutter, i don’t supinate at all.

i hope you dont get too much movement though because that would tip it away you just want to get late sharp 2 or 3 inches break some of the best forkballs i’ve thrown where sharp tilting pitches that ran inside or outside on hitters they swing to the side of the ball it’s pretty good.

I throw a four seam fastball. two seam fastball. circle change. and working on a curveball this off season. Im going into my freshman year, turning 15.

a lot of people are now working on both 2 and 4 seamers which wasn’t the case about 5 or 6 years ago, i guess the game has changed because they used to either be a groundbasll pitcher or a powerpitcher in fact if you dont overpower people you go 2-seam. working on a curveball is good if you can get it to be consistente before the season starts. i have a breaking ball in my forkball even though i can throw a curve i just go forkball with sdupination to get some curveball action, my forkball usually is everything i need

already told you i go straight over the top and throw 4-seam and palmball. not that much movement or whatever, just 11mph difference and good control.

haha yeah this guy is funny i’d like to know if anyone think this has anything good to it, 4-seam/palmball combination how can you only use 2 straight pitches and be successful? that is just something i can’t understand. i see you only throw 4-seamer though coming over the top i guess 2-seam wouldnt do much anyway, maybe you should work on a forkball like mine, and drop that palmball thing because when i throw forkball i can get people out without really that much difficulty

4-seam fastball
2-seam fastball
Cut fastball
Curveball
Changeup (I’m not sure if this is actually a changeup though. I grip it with my index and middle fingers like a knuckleball and my ring finger perfectly aligned with one of the seams. The effect is a really great speed change and downward movement. It’s a really good changeup but inconsistent because right now I can only throw it for a strike about 50% of the time.

I REALLY want to learn a knuckleball because I think that a pitcher combining a good fastball with a good knuckleball would be practically invincible. I’m still trying to find my grip though…

maybe you should try a forkbal, you can get some kind of knuckleball movement if you work on it enough and you wont need any grip messing around or any slowing arm action i throw a forkball since i’m 15 years old before it was more of a splitter but it just increased with time

4 seam
circle change
curve (usually 11-5 getting that 12-6 though)
2 seam

have been working on a slider.

fastball
PALMBALL
knucklecurve

an other one with a palmball is it a real one or just some kind of layd back change up? 4pie throws a palmball too, i think its funny you guys think you throw palmball when you should throw real change ups like circle change i throw a forkball and when i get over the top it really goes down about 4 feet, that is some movement.

I’ve practiced a circle change for a long time and it barely has any speed differential than my fastball and has WAY less movement than my palmball. My palm is a parachute compared to my fastball and therefore sinks like mad.

Different pitches work for different pitchers. Not everyone is gonna have success with the same pitch everyone else has. It sounds like a forkball works for you which is great, but no one else is telling you to drop it cause it doesnt sound good to us.

[quote=“6 pack”]I’ve practiced a circle change for a long time and it barely has any speed differential than my fastball and has WAY less movement than my palmball. My palm is a parachute compared to my fastball and therefore sinks like mad.

Different pitches work for different pitchers. Not everyone is gonna have success with the same pitch everyone else has. It sounds like a forkball works for you which is great, but no one else is telling you to drop it cause it doesnt sound good to us.[/quote]

there you go, this guy think there is only forkballs in this world. i’ve been throwing the forkball for like 10 years in games and i never had an era over 3.50 and usually i am around 2.80. i guess batter get out in front because it doesn’t work or isn’t a good pitch right? they usually hit on top of it anyway because of my and late behind of the late sink anyway, i always had a good team defensively and i can get around 6 strike outs a game with only those 2 pitches. you probably know what im talking about.

4 seam FB
1-7 curveball
circle change
knuckleball

[quote=“6 pack”]I’ve practiced a circle change for a long time and it barely has any speed differential than my fastball and has WAY less movement than my palmball.
[/quote]

This is what happened with me when I started working on a palmball. I found that I could get more movement with a circle change and with more consistent results. What ever floats your boat :slight_smile: .

Well, I used to have a messed up arsenal, now I have moved my arm angle up and it’s well somewhat normal.

1. Knuckleball
  2. 4-Seam
  3. Curveball
  4. Vulcan Change-Up

There are a number of “power pitchers” who throw 2-seamers along with 4-seamers. Tim Lincecum, Roy Oswalt, Felix Herdandez, and Randy Johnson are just a few.

1.) 4-Seam
2.) 2-Seam
3.) Cutter
4.) Forkball