What do you guys think

I’m 22 only been playing for two years and want to try pitching next season. Any advice is welcome

Pitching: http://youtu.be/sfsgtLt0_D4

Since you’re new to this aspect of the game, I would suggest that you get in touch with a good pitching coach—college level or even (preferably) a professional pitcher who can teach you many of the basics you need to know. Have him watch you throw a bullpen session and see what he has to say. One of the first things you need to find out is what your natural arm angle—arm slot—is; too many would-be pitchers run into trouble because they haven’t done this. Then work on the essentials, balance, glove side control, and learning a couple of new pitches—fastball, changeup, maybe a breaking pitch if you can handle it. I wish you all the best in this new endeavor. :baseballpitcher:

Since you’re new to this aspect of the game, I would suggest that you get in touch with a good pitching coach—college level or even (preferably) a professional pitcher who can teach you many of the basics you need to know. Have him watch you throw a bullpen session and see what he has to say. One of the first things you need to find out is what your natural arm angle—arm slot—is; too many would-be pitchers run into trouble because they haven’t done this. Then work on the essentials, balance, glove side control, and learning a couple of new pitches—fastball, changeup, maybe a breaking pitch if you can handle it. I wish you all the best in this new endeavor. :baseballpitcher:

From what I’ve seen, your age is going to put you somewhere in between a senior youth league and some local men’s summer league.

Since you’ve never pitched before, you’re going to have a rough fit with a competitive environment. I say this only because from what I’ve seen, older players don’t play baseball, they compete. This stuff gets pretty intense and serious. Guys that have been together since junior high usually keep in touch, form their own little group, and compete year after year as a group. Hence, being a pitcher is a lot of responsibility and you’ve really got to hold up your end. I’ve seen little or no tolerance for a guy who can’t cut it.

By the way, you’ll see in these adult leagues the word… " recreational…" but trust me on this one, there’s nothing recreational about it. All of these people are hard nose competitors. Fun has nothing to do with showing up.