What do you do?

If your teammate gets hit with a questionably high fastball, what do you do?
Brushback?
Hit the first batter?
…anything else?

go at them agressively next inning… Dont hit the batter. I personally think its stupid if your team mate gets hit then you turn around and bean the other teams batter, in my mind its stupid.

I have to disagree somwhat. If it looks intentional, and its high, like shoulder area, i think it requires some form of retaliation.

I have to disagree somwhat. If it looks intentional, and its high, like shoulder area, i think it requires some form of retaliation.[/quote]

A strikeout is retaliation :slight_smile:

I have to disagree somwhat. If it looks intentional, and its high, like shoulder area, i think it requires some form of retaliation.[/quote]

A strikeout is retaliation :)[/quote]

And what if he jaks one? thats not much retaliation

A strikeout is retaliation :)[/quote]

And what if he jaks one? thats not much retaliation[/quote]

Then you tip your hat and get the next guy out. (And give the guy that got a homer a little gift his next ab)

I will tell you this if a guy on my team gets one buzzed by him with some intention I will garuntee you there first batter is getting one near his dome.

Also what happens when a guy pimps a homerun he just hit off of you. I think the next batter should get one in his side. There is no one on the field deserving more respect than me when I’m on the mound. I am not to be mad a fool of.

Also what happens when guys try stealing on you and there up a bunch of runs. The batter thats up next is going to get one in his side.

You are in control your the one that demands respect, and you should get it no matter what. If they dont respect you they walk all over you.

I only intentionally hit a batter if he is looking at the catcher and his signs before I pitch. So the catcher and I mix up the signs between innings, and while the stupid batter thinks there’s a curveball, he’ll get a fastball to the ribs. Depends on game situation though.

Otherwise, revenge will be met w/ more revenge, and eventually you’ll be hitting each other back and forth.

Dont do it when there are no outs. But if there are 1 or 2 give the guy one in the ribs.

If the othr pitcher seemed to intentionally hit your teammate then retaliation is a nice thought, however you never want to get into a beanball war, i’ve been in a few its not nice, the next person to be hit could be you

I enjoy beanball wars actually. Bcuz i hit the ball thats coming for my ribs and make them feel stupid. Also, if you/I do end up getting hit, just to the fake-out mound charge that Tony Batista did in Japan.

I enjoy beanball wars actually. Bcuz i hit the ball thats coming for my ribs and make them feel stupid. Also, if you/I do end up getting hit, just to the fake-out mound charge that Tony Batista did in Japan.[/quote]

that was priceless…scared the guy sh*tless.

Throwing at a guys head is not OK.

Do you think that the umpire is oblivious!

Remember most umps are also players or played the game, many pitched. If I see a pitcher throw a purpose pitch, I immediately run him! In high school leagues, this is also a call to the league office, disciplinary action, and possible suspension by the league. Let alone what the guys Athletic Director and Coach might say and do.

Also dont you think the other teams players and coaches also dont have a score to settle with you? Do you think they would vote for you on an all star team or for league wide recognition in the newspaper (something you really might want…)? Let alone retaliation in the game.

Come on guys!

Ian