What Do You Do To Keep Your Arm Feeling Good?

I wrote a post recent on my site on this topic, and I really want some feedback on it. People do some crazy stuff to help their arm recover between outings, but some of it actually works. If rubbing cheetah blood on my elbow would help it recover, I would probably do it.

One thing I live by is fish oil. It is such a powerful anti-inflammatory that I make sure it’s always in my blood stream. I use Carlson Liquid and take about 3 tablespoons daily(yes, 42 grams per day). I notice a difference when I dont, which is rare to say about many dietary products out there. Anyway, post your thoughts, if you would.

http://danblewett.com/2010/02/04/throwing-arm-care/

Running is one of the best ways to get rid of lactic acid and keep blood flowing. Stretching will keep u lose and fresh

Running is one of the best ways to get rid of lactic acid and keep blood flowing. Stretching will keep u lose and fresh

i prefer to bike over run… but that’s just me. My routine pre injury (so maybe you shouldn’t listen to me…haha) was to hop on a bike for 15 minutes after an outing while ice to the elbow. Low intensity, just enough to flush lactic acid out of your arm like Husky said.

[quote=“DanBlewett”]I wrote a post recent on my site on this topic, and I really want some feedback on it. People do some crazy stuff to help their arm recover between outings, but some of it actually works. If rubbing cheetah blood on my elbow would help it recover, I would probably do it.

One thing I live by is fish oil. It is such a powerful anti-inflammatory that I make sure it’s always in my blood stream. I use Carlson Liquid and take about 3 tablespoons daily(yes, 42 grams per day). I notice a difference when I dont, which is rare to say about many dietary products out there. Anyway, post your thoughts, if you would.

http://danblewett.com/2010/02/04/throwing-arm-care/[/quote]

Funny, I actually clicked on this post, and accidentally skipped this post. My response was going to be Fish Oil, tons of it.

Also, post game: no ice, scap work.

Here’s what I used to do when I pitched, a long time ago. I just kept throwing. I was a starting pitcher who often relieved between starts, the way Allie Reynolds had done. In between I alternated between playing catch and doing a bullpen session; during the latter I would work on one or another pitch. My pitching coach had told me that this was the best way to keep the arm loose and flexible, and that was what I did. And I never had a sore arm or a sore shoulder or a sore anything else! :slight_smile:

ive been popping fish oils, flaxseeds, wobenzymes and glucosomenes like candy, and i can tell the next day soreness is not as severe.