What can you see wrong?

Explore Adam Bower

Heres my video appologize for the camera man its hard to find a good one and my 6 year old brother was the only one free lol.

My mecanics seem a little robotic from waht I see but i didnt look as bad as i though.

Any suggestions?

Looks solid.

Maybe try to throw a little harder, but your mechanics are fine.

Ok thanks.

I agree with Chris. Your mechanics look good. They should be almost “robotic” should be the same every time.

Keep it up and working hard, you’ll be good now and down the road.

I agree with Chris’s comment about trying to throw harder. I think you’re a little too upright at front foot plant and your weight is too far behind your front foot at release. The adjustment I think you need to make is to get your hips moving toward the target a bit sooner and a bit faster. Stretch your stride out yet still get out over the font leg.

I also see you being a bit over-rotated at release. If you increase your tempo by getting the hips moving sooner and faster, this will take care of itself.

The other thing I noticed is you drop your glove down to the side of your hip. At front foot plant, your glove should be out front in the vicinity of somewhere over the front foot. As the shoulders rotate, the glove should turn over as the glove elbow tucks down but it should otherwise remain out front as the chest moves to it. Leaving the glove out front should also help keep you from being over-rotated at release.

[quote=“cpatt44”]I agree with Chris. Your mechanics look good. They should be almost “robotic” should be the same every time.

Keep it up and working hard, you’ll be good now and down the road.[/quote]

Robotic as in not flowing like knowing the right things but they don’t flow. Yes each pitch should be the same every single time.

Thanks for the tips

You look like a strong kid. I want to see you just get nasty and rip a couple to the catcher. Right now it looks like you’re being too polite with your pitches. I want to see your face frown, dig down, and put some umph in a few of your throws. Don’t hurt yourself, but just throw a bit harder and post that. Before you do that, warm up. I can only imagine if you come back here telling us that your arm is broken because Jay told me to throw harder lol. I’m just intrigued at what you can do.

On another note, how long did it take you to build that mound? I have a kit in my garage but I haven’t set it up yet.

looks to me like you break your hands too early, which sends your glove side arm and shoulder flying out a little prematurely.

When i filmed that I just got done throwing a lot of pitches. I was a little tired and my arm was sore. Tomorrow if its nice out i’ll get a video of me chucking hard.

The mound didn’t take too long but i dont know details my brother and dad made it. I belive they went to www.diy.com to get the instructions.