What Can I Say!

Every once and an a while I’ve had a situation on the field that defies logic or even the slightest hint of sanity. So, I’ll dip into my bag of favorite movie scripts and belt out some of these:

By Strother Martin as the captain of road prison crew in Cool Hand Luke ----“What we’ve got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can’t reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don’t like it any morethan you men.”

By Tom Selleck as Jack Elliot in Mr. Baseball as he sat catching his breath after a team exercise workout – “ We’re not athletes, … we’re ballplayers!”

In the movie Slap Shot when the Hanson brothers got everybody banged up they looked at their goalie who was in pretty bad shape and said “ Dave’s a killer!”, to which one of his teammates responds — “Dave’s a mess!”

In Blazing Saddles when Cleavon Little dressed in a messenger’s outfit walks into a bar where Alex Karras who plays a brute muscle-head named Mongo, is crushing a bunch of bar patrons with a piano, and Cleavon Little yells —“ Candy gram for Mongo—Candy Gram for Mongo.”

In the movie Major League when the new GM of the Indians calls a former minor league manager Lou Brown who now runs a auto service center, and answers the phone with -----“ Tire world”, then when Lou was asked if he wanted to manage the Indians, he says-----“ Ohhhhhhh, I don’t know???”