What arm slot are you?

I was just wondering about the arm slots of everyone on here. Im guessing that 3/4 will be most common, but this could prove me wrong.

I throw from 3/4 pretty much exclusively.

I’m goin 2 a pitching coach this wednsday and I’m finding outwhich is better for me, submarine or 3/4, cause I can do either.

What if we use two ? :smiley:

I mainly throw over hand but will mix in a few side arm pitches so I voted over hand.

I throw side arm mostly, I have tried 3/4 and over the top but, they put a strain on my shoulder, it’s not natural to go that high throwing so hard for me.

If you are going to use an over top release, you need more tilt on your shoulders. Here is as close to a 12 o’clock release point you can get.

Yeah thats my arm angle, im the only one in the league that throws that high of arm slot. On one mound i was even getting an inward tail to the right handed(im right handed). I dont get arm trouble but on the occasion i get a slight strain up the right side.

As a hitter i tihnk sidearm is the hardest to hit. But other than that, do you think its harder to hit a 3 quarter arm slot or overhand?

Left handed side arm is easily the hardest to hit. We have one guy in our league who easily has the most K’s with over 50K’s from 10 games (the closest to him has 24). He throws high 80’s from the side. He has no need of a curveball/ slider as his fastball just moves SOOOO much. When i faced him he throw a fastball right at me and it ended up on the outside black.

I think because there are so many 3/4 pitchers, overhand is harder to hit. Also overhand pitchers, depending on there wrist action, can give any tail they want making it bloody hard to hit.

It’s 3/4 slot for me. I can NOT throw side arm even if my life depended on it and it also sorta hurts. Over the top is not as good control for me either and I don’t think I throw as hard.

Overhand: I hear a lot of power pitchers use it such as Koufax. My problem is that I cannot really control with overhand arm slot.

3/4: I think majority of MLBers use this arm slot. Such as Beckett, Papelbon, or Dice-K. Just to list some of beloved Sox pitchers

Sidearm: well this is kind of unorthodox for me. A lot of sidearm pitchers are weak against the opposite-handed batters. Most of them are sinkerballers I see.

Submarine: Cla Meredith and Byoung Hyun Kim reminds me of this arm slot. I don’t know the benefits, but sure it is deceptive.

Well, I know most of you guys really aren’t for the sidearm stuff. I will conccur that us side armers do throw alot of sinking pitches, my Knuckleball sinks and so does my Fastball for the most part, I tend to get alot of break using it and I don’t have trouble with lefties really oh and it really makes it easy to throw a shuuto.

Submariners I think generally try to get sinkers because if it goes up and then down it can be pretty nasty.

One thing I noticed about myself in a practice once is. Well I already knew I was ambidextrous but, since a teacher got pissed off at me for using both hands at things in 2nd grade I use left for simple tasks and right for athletics mostly (batting I go left), so one day in practice I threw a few lefty pitches just screwing around and I could throw strikes and had a pretty mean 2 seamer, later on I realized lefty I was going straight over the top whereas right handed I naturally go sidearm.

I mainly throw 3/4 but i can throw sidearm too. it just isn’t as accurate

[quote=“vertigo”]Overhand: I hear a lot of power pitchers use it such as Koufax. My problem is that I cannot really control with overhand arm slot.

3/4: I think majority of MLBers use this arm slot. Such as Beckett, Papelbon, or Dice-K. Just to list some of beloved Sox pitchers

Sidearm: well this is kind of unorthodox for me. A lot of sidearm pitchers are weak against the opposite-handed batters. Most of them are sinkerballers I see.

Submarine: Cla Meredith and Byoung Hyun Kim reminds me of this arm slot. I don’t know the benefits, but sure it is deceptive.[/quote]

the advantage to submarine is that you get more movement on breaking pitches

Yeah, and if you go side arm almost everything breaks so you have no trouble developing a curve.

Actually, now that I think about it, I actually throw a mid or high 3/4. I still throw sidearm occasionally.

i throw about 28/32 hah